Netflix

Biscuits

This, both of this.

I fear you've peaked too early getting your annual "being right" post in so soon.

We looked at it last night. She watches a lot on BBC Iplayer, we can then get the STV Player, 4OD & 5OD added on as well. Only thing I would miss would BT Sport but would look at taking a package for that similar to my nowtv package for sky sports which was a lot cheaper than adding sky sports to virgin.

Unless Virgin and sky evolve rapidly the services will die in the next decade.

Stunned that people pay full price for Netflix. The secret is using a vpn and joining from a country with a terrific exchange rate. Currently im £2 odd a month for my Netflix as they think i reside in Turkey 😂

Stunned that people pay full price for Netflix. The secret is using a vpn and joining from a country with a terrific exchange rate. Currently im £2 odd a month for my Netflix as they think i reside in Turkey [emoji23]
Saw that on a YouTube tutorial a couple of years back. Even cheaper to use a close family members login.

Stunned that people pay full price for Netflix. The secret is using a vpn and joining from a country with a terrific exchange rate. Currently im £2 odd a month for my Netflix as they think i reside in Turkey [emoji23]
I pay it because I think it's value for money. I don't have any moral high ground as I've used Kodi in the past and have IPTV. But if Sky offered the full package for about £20 I'd probably just pay it. As it stands, the price for Sky TV is absolutely ridiculous and not value for money.

Netflix is worth every penny and I have no problem paying full price.

I hate Amazon's interface. It really puts me off any time I rejoin. That there are pay things mixed in with subscription stuff really pisses me off as well.

On the ps4, there's an option to only show things that are free for you. Would imagine the same option is available on other interfaces.

I don't mind paying the price for Sky. I have my TV, phone and broadband with them, have the full lot (entertainment, sports, movies, all in HD, plus multiroom) and also my netflix subscription through them and pay £80 a month. I don't think that's outrageous. 
Pretty sure it's at least £40 than they normally charge for all that.

Last time I had the full package, minus broadband and Netflix, I was paying closer to £100.

I moved to the new name change package recently and i am sitting at £61 a month. Sky Q, HD, sports and movies with my Netflix added in. I pay for my Disney+ yearly. I see prime tv has been added to the sky Q box i wonder if they will start offering that as a package too.

I just phone them up the month before my deal expires and they are happy to match what i had before, although with the name change the  starting price seems lower.

12 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I pay it because I think it's value for money. I don't have any moral high ground as I've used Kodi in the past and have IPTV. But if Sky offered the full package for about £20 I'd probably just pay it. As it stands, the price for Sky TV is absolutely ridiculous and not value for money.

Netflix is worth every penny and I have no problem paying full price.

I have Netflix however i dont use it as often as others clearly do hence the reason i dont feel a jot of guilt about getting it cheap. I think its universally agreed that if Sky priced their service at a reasonable fee, more people would join them. Instead they are robbing b*****ds and ive no problem screwing them over

3 hours ago, steelmen said:

I just phone them up the month before my deal expires and they are happy to match what i had before, although with the name change the  starting price seems lower.

This is the way it usually goes with the providers, and  I've done it with most of them, but  I phoned  up BT last week  to get a deal because my contract was up next month, and the best offer they gave me was much less channels than I have now, for a fiver extra on what I am already paying. Couldn't believe it, wasn't much patter from the guy after I pointed that out. Dunno if it's a Covid thing or what but I see they've gone through an overhaul with their tv packages lately.

The Queen's Gambit has been well worth the praise that it's gotten.

The Umbrella Academy is cracking fun.

Criminal UK season 1 is great.

The Haunting of Hill House is outstanding. Not seen the Bly Manor one yet.

Bly Manor is fine if you can completely disconnect it from Hill House. Totally different story and approach but too many folk seemed to think it was a sequel and were left disappointed. It was good though.