Netflix

Biscuits

3/4s of the way through Challenger. Somebody should have served time for deciding to go ahead with the launch that day.

Documentary about Peter Sutcliffe comes out on Wednesday, guessing it must have been easier to wait until he had snuffed it before broadcasting it.

3/4s of the way through Challenger. Somebody should have served time for deciding to go ahead with the launch that day.

Documentary about Peter Sutcliffe comes out on Wednesday, guessing it must have been easier to wait until he had snuffed it before broadcasting it.
Definitely be watching that. I seem to have some kind of weird morbid interest in serial killers

I generally give "reality TV" a heavy swerve but I've been working my way through the recent couple of seasons of QB1: Beyond The Lights.

Peter Berg's involved so it's got Friday Night Lights feel but the 30 mins episodes mean it's pretty watchable for what it is. The FNL connection is pretty much how I landed on it tbh, I doubt I'd have given it much of a chance otherwise.

My mind continues to be absolutely blown at the God-bothering culture that exists though. Absolute fucking oddballs.

Edited by capt_oats

Been caning Undercover. A wee bit derivative but they’ve plundered some decent shows for ideas. Dutch/Belgian (subtitled but like Narcos a bit of English speaking breaks out now and again) untouchable drug lord spends most of his days in his holiday park second home. A pair of undercover detectives are sent in to infiltrate his organisation and much murder, boozing, scrapping and shagging ensues. Gomorrah meets Narcos meets Layer Cake meets Breaking Bad meets The Sopranos. Don’t think the description does it justice on Netflix. Darkly comic, easy watching. Plenty of it too with two seasons of 10 hour-long episodes. 

I generally give "reality TV" a heavy swerve but I've been working my way through the recent couple of seasons of QB1: Beyond The Lights.
Peter Berg's involved so it's got Friday Night Lights feel but the 30 mins episodes mean it's pretty watchable for what it is. The FNL connection is pretty much how I landed on it tbh, I doubt I'd have given it much of a chance otherwise.
My mind continues to be absolutely blown at the God-bothering culture that exists though. Absolute fucking oddballs.
Started watching it after seeing your post. Strange that seasons 2 and 3 are there but season 1 isn't. Halfway through season 2. Some of the coaches are arses, ranting and screaming at school kids. Never mind the god bothering, what amazes me is the amount of cash that gets put into school football. That Californian school have 19 coaches in their football programme, when I was at school we hardly saw a new Mitre Mouldmaster!

22 hours ago, peasy23 said:
On 12/12/2020 at 12:14, capt_oats said:

Started watching it after seeing your post. Strange that seasons 2 and 3 are there but season 1 isn't. Halfway through season 2. Some of the coaches are arses, ranting and screaming at school kids. Never mind the god bothering, what amazes me is the amount of cash that gets put into school football. That Californian school have 19 coaches in their football programme, when I was at school we hardly saw a new Mitre Mouldmaster!

It is absolutely mental, picking what uni to go to based on how good they are at sport is mad enough but picking what high school to go to is just ridiculous. You get folk changing fucking school if they're not playing enough, they're teenagers and their life is dictated by a sport they have a  tiny chance of making a living from. Just another example of how fucked America is.

Sutcliffe one is decent. Half way through and it is doing all the killings in order and goes into quite a bit of detail. Such as he rearranged the bodies after killing them and he kept going back to them when they weren't found.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but the police had enough to catch him after they discovered the fiver and 2 survivors came forward. 

2 hours ago, pub car king said:

Sutcliffe one is decent. Half way through and it is doing all the killings in order and goes into quite a bit of detail. Such as he rearranged the bodies after killing them and he kept going back to them when they weren't found.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but the police had enough to catch him after they discovered the fiver and 2 survivors came forward. 

Not watched the Netflix one but BBC 4 has a terrific 3 part doc on him recently. The police attitudes were gobsmacking and in hindsight if they’d listened to early witnesses they could have saved so many lives.

The first survivor couldn't remember anything though because of the blows to her head.

They were never going to catch him because of their mistaken belief that the letters and tapes were 100% genuine. Sutcliffe was interviewed repeatedly but was ultimately ignored as being a suspect because he didn't have a Geordie accent. It was 99% luck that he was caught when he was.

Just finished it. Very interesting watch. Don't really get why it's a limited series tho? That would imply there's more to come?