Netflix

Biscuits

Missed the announcement of this... Thats my weekend viewing sorted, as the first season was really good.
One of the new contestants will absolutely be locked up in the future for murder, and possibly cannibalism. See how long it takes you to decide who I'm talking about.

American Murder The Family Next Door

This was a good documentary. It's obviously not pleasant viewing but it's well made and uses body cam footage, text messages and Police cameras to put the story together.

If you've avoided spoilers I can't really say much about it. A young lassie and her two daughters disappear and the story goes from there is the plot.

Worth a watch.

****Spoilers from this point on****

A lot of emotions in this. I won't lie, all the way throughout the film the woman was doing my tits in. I found her an extremely irritating individual, more interested in filming her life than actually living it. Numerous times she was staging things and I was like just enjoy it you stupid cow. She isn't unique in that aspect sadly. I hadn't heard about this story so never knew the dad did it. My Mrs had read about it though and in that first scene where he lets the copper into the house I thought he was a relative. When I discovered he was the dad I said "You are fucking kidding me?! This is how he is behaving? He's killed them hasn't he!" His whole demeanor was frightening. Interesting that the neighbour commented on it as well.

The worst part of the whole film was knowing he took those wee lassies a 45/60 minute journey alive with their dead mum lying in front of them. I don't know why, but this really upset me. Sick as it sounds, I'd rather he had killed them straight away rather than keep them alive right until he threw them into the oil tanks. Absolutely horrible. I really can't understand these people that harm their own children. I'm not a violent person but I hope the Cons get word of his crimes and the rest of his life is hell.

On 02/10/2020 at 16:37, 19QOS19 said:
On 02/10/2020 at 11:50, steelmen said:
Missed the announcement of this... Thats my weekend viewing sorted, as the first season was really good.

One of the new contestants will absolutely be locked up in the future for murder, and possibly cannibalism. See how long it takes you to decide who I'm talking about.

Had a busy weekend so only got the first 4 episodes but yeah Ryan has some issues.

Does the ex cop do anything but lie in his bed? i did love the old guy chasing the lad with the mop!

and to be fair the young lassie does have a nice arse!

Had a busy weekend so only got the first 4 episodes but yeah Ryan has some issues.
Does the ex cop do anything but lie in his bed? i did love the old guy chasing the lad with the mop!
He's boring all the way through tbh. Aye she has a cracking arse. There is something really pumpable about her in general tbh. Check out her Instagram once your finished. She looks completely different now.

Interesting article. I'm kind of OK with the concept tbh, sometimes you start watching something and the prospect of getting through 10 series can be a bit daunting.
https://www.wired.co.uk/article/netflix-originals-cancelled-oa-altered-carbon-sense8?utm_source=pocket-newtab-global-en-GB

How many shows that you can think of actually needed and deserved to go beyond, say, 3 series? Even comedies which actually managed an impressive level of consistency (Seinfeld, Always Sunny, Curb, Simpsons) were/ are still on the air for too long.

32 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

How many shows that you can think of actually needed and deserved to go beyond, say, 3 series? Even comedies which actually managed an impressive level of consistency (Seinfeld, Always Sunny, Curb, Simpsons) were/ are still on the air for too long.

Countdown

Always Sunny is still one of the best comedies on show. I've been rewatching the newer ones and they are far better than I remembered. The quality of The Simpsons has dipped from about S9/10 onwards.

I don't think Sunny has jumped the shark just yet but I think the next one may be the last.

On 03/10/2020 at 13:22, 19QOS19 said:

The worst part of the whole film was knowing he took those wee lassies a 45/60 minute journey alive with their dead mum lying in front of them. I don't know why, but this really upset me. Sick as it sounds, I'd rather he had killed them straight away rather than keep them alive right until he threw them into the oil tanks. Absolutely horrible. I really can't understand these people that harm their own children. I'm not a violent person but I hope the Cons get word of his crimes and the rest of his life is hell.

Watched this the other night. Usually I'm alright with true crime stuff but this really got to me. The combination of the use of lots home video etc of the wee girls and the family acting normally throughout the documentary with audio near the end of the dad describing exactly how he did it and his daughters confusion what was happening was really quite upsetting. The fact I have a daughter about the same age probably makes it worse.

4 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Breaking Bad, The Wire and The Sopranos. All deservedly going beyond 3 series but having the good taste to know when enough was enough.  Money Heist will hopefully  have another season.

I get your point though, when they just churn out programmes that follow predictive formula/guaranteed viewing figures. 

4 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Modern Family - other than the screechy wid, this continues to work.

On 05/10/2020 at 11:45, 19QOS19 said:
On 05/10/2020 at 10:54, steelmen said:

He's boring all the way through tbh. Aye she has a cracking arse. There is something really pumpable about her in general tbh. Check out her Instagram once your finished. She looks completely different now.

now trying to find the onlyfans pics without paying... for a friend obviously

I’ve watched three episodes of The Haunting of Bly House and it’s not a scary as the Hill House so far. I think I’ve only clocked 3 or 4 ghosts but I am aware of the story so I kind of know what’s going to happen. Maybe that’s why I’m not finding it as scary. I genuinely had a nightmare after binging the first 5 episodes of Hill House.

On 06/10/2020 at 13:50, NotThePars said:

Mad Men