Netflix

Biscuits

6 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I didn’t learn a thing from the Social Dilemma.   Facebook is creepy as heck, and there’s no real surprise that all your adverts are specifically tailored to your viewing habits, which, ultimately, is the thrust of the argument.  All the hyperbole doesn’t detract from the fact that anybody can limit the personal information these companies have access to if they think it’s a concern.

That’s true if you realise this, too many people live their lives online and it deeply effects them. People are killing themselves because of it, it needs reigned in.

11 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

My Octopus Teacher

This is a lovely documentary. Basically, a diver builds up an incredible relationship with an Octopus and essentially the Octopus lets him into her world. I always knew Octopus were intelligent creatures but some of the things this guy captures are incredible.

It's just a really enjoyable 90 minutes of television. I had a tear at the end.

Watched this. It is incredible.  And, as you say, strangely moving. 

The Devil All The Time's worth a watch IMO. Really gloomy and wasn't clicking for me throughout most of it (it tries to tie together a bunch of threads but was unsatisfying until towards the end), but it's well-acted, fairly well-crafted and takes a swipe at religious weirdos which is always nice.

It does feel long, though, and I had a hard time keeping up with who was who and why they were doing what they were doing (ultimately mostly because of a warped view of religion).

On 18/09/2020 at 18:08, accies1874 said:

The Devil All The Time's worth a watch IMO. Really gloomy and wasn't clicking for me throughout most of it (it tries to tie together a bunch of threads but was unsatisfying until towards the end), but it's well-acted, fairly well-crafted and takes a swipe at religious weirdos which is always nice.

It does feel long, though, and I had a hard time keeping up with who was who and why they were doing what they were doing (ultimately mostly because of a warped view of religion).

Spiderman v Winter Soldier

Watched this yesterday. I thought it was quite good. Good performances from the cast, although I found it hard to follow at times with the jumping timelines .

Found a quite interesting documentary about Tommaso Buscetta , the first major Sicilian mafioso to break Omerta and star in the Maxi trial , speaking out against the Corleonese and the terrible toll on his family for becoming an informer. It's called Our Godfather and worth a look for Mafia buffs. 

Currently watching "The Devil Next Door" and really enjoying it but it was obvious the Israeli government and people found him guilty before extradition the whole case was just a big show for the media and the way the officials act throughout is ridiculous.