Netflix

Biscuits

Half way through the last series of Last Chance U. finally they have a coach who isn't a complete and utter C u n T and the players are likeable too. Imagine sleeping in your car so you can go to school and play football.

I have enjoyed all series but i would gladly mute the head coaches in them all but this series he seems to genuinely care for the players rather than continually berate them.

Inside the World’s Toughest Prisons is a great series but Raphael Rowe is a fucking dreadful presenter. Every second sentence that comes out his mouth is about him. He really annoys me.

Should have kept with the Irish guy who did the first series. 

Recommend the episode about the one in Norway - very interesting.

Edited by Karpaty Lviv

Inside the World’s Toughest Prisons is a great series but Raphael Rowe is a fucking dreadful presenter. Every second sentence that comes out his mouth is about him. He really annoys me.
Great show but like you I'm not keen on him. It's the way he changes the pronunciation of his name when he is in a foreign country that bugs me. Or in general at times. It's weird and annoying.

35 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
37 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Great show but like you I'm not keen on him. It's the way he changes the pronunciation of his name when he is in a foreign country that bugs me. Or in general at times. It's weird and annoying.

You can tell he is completely against prisoners being able to have access to work and things to help them when they get released. The Norway episode and the new German one is testament to that. He also has a weird attitude when he first enters the prisons, as if he actually an inmate. 

I get that he was in jail for 12 years for something he didn’t do and obviously hates the cops and screws, but as a presenter he shouldn’t make it so obvious. The series is about the prison, not him comparing a Papua New Guinea hell hole where prisoners are literally starving to death, with HMP Belmarsh.

Edited by Karpaty Lviv

Months late to the party, but finished The Last Dance in a couple of sittings. What an incredible bit of television. Was really interesting to me that the only time Jordan let the emotions really get the better of him in the interview setting, wasn't when he was talking about the death of his father, it was when he was explaining why he's motivated in the way he was, and that's why he was aggressive, and that was how he played the game. Also loved how he invented personal gripes and slights to get himself fired up. I thought, overall, what came across was his 100% dedication to whatever it was he was doing, be it basketball, blackjack or pitch and toss. Sure he could be a bit of an asshole. We can all be assholes without the pressure of being the GOAT in our fields.

Scottie Pippen is a fucking diamond.

Umbrella Academy S2 is very good, just as good as the 1st....marmite type of show though. 
Only just watched the first one a few months ago but loved it. Looking forward to starting it but going to finish off S1 of Titans first.

Really enjoying that. Basically a dark version of the Teen Titans cartoon with Dick Grayson plus a bunch of more obscure DC characters. Some iffy CGI (particularly of a tiger) but I'm enjoying it for what it is. Robin certainly suits a darker setting too, given how grim his whole existence actually is.

2 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:
On 01/08/2020 at 20:53, Stellaboz said:
Started watching Good Girls. Christina Hendricks and her incredible chest are all that's needed.

Nice easy watch. I'm still finishing the second series.

We fucked it up. Somehow we started watching from the start of series 2 and were like "when are they going to explain some of this stuff?" We got 4 or 5 episodes in until we realised. Started watching series 1 last night. Fucking idiots. 

Over the last few weeks I've watched ;
'The Rain' - Scandinavian survival series which I wish I never bothered with after a few episodes. Final season comes out soon so I'll finish it more so due to curiosity than excitement.
'Umbrella Academy S1' - very good and I'm looking forward to watching S2 over the next few days.
'Snowpiercer' - Jennifer Connelly is an absolute wid.

Aye that last one is possibly the worst one I've seen. Prison isn't going to help any of them men until the entire country shifts its view of women. Absolutely disgusting the sexual offences statistics and I expect it's even higher but lots of woman will feel scared to come forward.

On 30/07/2020 at 18:12, Karpaty Lviv said:

You can tell he is completely against prisoners being able to have access to work and things to help them when they get released. The Norway episode and the new German one is testament to that. He also has a weird attitude when he first enters the prisons, as if he actually an inmate. 

I get that he was in jail for 12 years for something he didn’t do and obviously hates the cops and screws, but as a presenter he shouldn’t make it so obvious. The series is about the prison, not him comparing a Papua New Guinea hell hole where prisoners are literally starving to death, with HMP Belmarsh.

We’ve been watching that in lieu of anything better to watch in the evenings.  The whole show is a conceptual nightmare.  Is it about him?  Is it about the prisoners?  Is it about policy?  It’s all so mixed up that none of the issues ever gets addressed fully.   I’d actually like to hear more of his opinions, or indeed more about how the programme is made, because in the Lesotho episode he seems to be able to take day trips out of the prison, while in others it’s as if he stays an entire week as an inmate.  I’m pretty sure he dresses up as a prisoner during the day, and then buggers off to the nearest Hilton at night, but that’s never made entirely clear.  It’s pretty disingenuous stuff.

He also can’t pronounce the word ‘system’ properly.  

Edited to add: the BBC did a Storyville on some Russian prison which was far, far, far better.  

Edited by Savage Henry