Netflix

Biscuits

7 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Seen it mentioned a couple of time’s earlier in the thread but Schitts Creek is actually an excellent comedy. It’s something you don’t need to give absolute attention to given the episodes are only 20 minutes long, but the further I get into the better it is getting.

I’m not usually a fan of American comedy in any shape or form, I could watch the US Office after smoking a lot of weed and hardly smirk at it, and things like the Big Bang Theory make me genuinely unwell due to the honkingness of their patter, and then also hearing that the actors were pulling in around half a mill an episode to produce that waffle... but Schitts Creek is actually pretty good. It’s not tears running down your face funny but it’s clever writing and has plenty of moments each episode to chuckle along to. It also helps that Alexis is an absolute 29 out of 10. 

I don't remember any specific references to where its set in the show, but its actually Canadian. So we can all agree on it being Canada's #1 sitcom. Because I can't think of any others :)

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I don't remember any specific references to where its set in the show, but its actually Canadian. So we can all agree on it being Canada's #1 sitcom. Because I can't think of any others :)

I did not know that. My ignorance assumed it was American but I see it was filmed in Ontario. 

I don't remember any specific references to where its set in the show, but its actually Canadian. So we can all agree on it being Canada's #1 sitcom. Because I can't think of any others [emoji4]
Trailer Park Boys is Canada's No 1. It's not even up for debate.

20 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

I did not know that. My ignorance assumed it was American but I see it was filmed in Ontario. 

They keep things very vague on where it is actually set. The fact that they were so globe trotting and Canada/US have easy cross border relations its not something anyone is likely to pick up.

If you want something else to possibly surprise you, the only other fact I have is that Twyla on the show is the real life sister of David and daughter of Mr Rose. Aka the Levy's Eugene (father), Daniel (son/brother) and Sarah (daughter/sister).

18 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
23 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:
I don't remember any specific references to where its set in the show, but its actually Canadian. So we can all agree on it being Canada's #1 sitcom. Because I can't think of any others emoji4.png

Much like above I had always assumed by the name that was an American show :) Something to get around to watching as i've heard good things.

10 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Just saw that Dark season 3/final season is out. Will get stuck in.

Just blitzed it and thought it was pretty good. Unlike a lot of these types of shows I'd say most if not all of the big questions were answered by the end.

I recently started Parts Unknown from the beginning of Series 1 - I have watched episodes before, but mostly in isolation. Approaching the end of Series 2 now. Jerusalem, Koreatown and South Africa episodes the standouts so far for me. 

4 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

:lol:

Im going to build my own jail and you can’t arrest me, ok?

Even the special forces were scared to arrest him.

That actor turns up in Wasp Network (just out on Netflix). The film is gash but was lifted by him turning up. Was willing him to offer someone plata o plomo?

I don't remember any specific references to where its set in the show, but its actually Canadian. So we can all agree on it being Canada's #1 sitcom. Because I can't think of any others [emoji4]

Kim’s Convenience is also an absolute delight.

Mr Kim saying “see you” is one of life’s great pleasures.

On 22/06/2020 at 20:39, ford prefect said:
On 22/06/2020 at 15:29, steelmen said:
i am sure it's been discussed before but Money Hiest is superb viewing. i have flown through 3 series and have most of 4 to go.
i have found myself at 2am saying "just 1 more and then bed"... 2 episodes later and the next say is screwed.
it just keeps you gripped!

We're on season 2 and I'd agree. A lot of it is crazy nonsense a bit like 24, but for me, as long as a programme or film is entertaining, I'll forgive the plot holes and inconsistencies.

So much screaming on Saturday night!!! i thought they had it wrapped it up at the end of season 4... but no, it is left for season 5.

Really enjoying it... but they should have wrapped it up in season 4.

Watched Will Ferrell's Eurovision film this afternoon - purely because the pompous arts correspondent on the BBC hated it. I quite liked it 😀 Great scenes of Edinburgh and a hair raising drive up the Royal Mile to the SEC for the Eurovision finals. Loads of in-jokes about Eurovision too, including Graham Norton presenting it. 

41 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Watched Will Ferrell's Eurovision film this afternoon - purely because the pompous arts correspondent on the BBC hated it. I quite liked it 😀 Great scenes of Edinburgh and a hair raising drive up the Royal Mile to the SEC for the Eurovision finals. Loads of in-jokes about Eurovision too, including Graham Norton presenting it. 

I watched this the other night and enjoyed it quite a bit. It was far too long but there were plenty of laugh out loud moments and Will Ferrel and Rachel McAdams were good together. And it was nice to see familiar bits of Scotland, which I wasn't expecting.

Watched Will Ferrell's Eurovision film this afternoon - purely because the pompous arts correspondent on the BBC hated it. I quite liked it [emoji3] Great scenes of Edinburgh and a hair raising drive up the Royal Mile to the SEC for the Eurovision finals. Loads of in-jokes about Eurovision too, including Graham Norton presenting it. 
Highlight was Georgios Samaras making an appearance at the party.

Jeffrey Epstein - Filthy Rich. Utterly horrific and shocking to see the protection this man had. He clearly had dirt on so many of the elite.

Watched that a few weeks back, and just watched Athlete A. The abusers are sickening enough, but the fuckers who enable them and turn a blind eye are just as bad.

4 hours ago, peasy23 said:
13 hours ago, MONKMAN said:
Jeffrey Epstein - Filthy Rich. Utterly horrific and shocking to see the protection this man had. He clearly had dirt on so many of the elite.

Watched that a few weeks back, and just watched Athlete A. The abusers are sickening enough, but the fuckers who enable them and turn a blind eye are just as bad.

Athlete A was a tough watch. Penny (?) the marketing guy turned CEO is only cared about getting sponsors, he did not give a stuff about the girls. You would like to think that in the fall out from it a good few people would be jailed over it.

Who do you trust your kids too? my wee girl loves gymnastics, thankfully not good enough for any camps!