Netflix

Biscuits

Thoroughly enjoyed The Last Dance. Gutted it's finished. Some of my 'analysis':-

Jordan was an absolute monster on the court. I'm not a big basketball fan but some of the shit he was pulling off was incredible. One of the shots where he had the ball in his right hand, was coming down then through it to his left hand and and scored was unreal.

He was clearly a bit of a tyrant but I didn't get a sense of his being a tosser as such. He wanted to win and I expect him pushing folk to the limit played a bit part. I'd go as far to say that if you asked every player that won with him "would you trade his behaviour and the success for him to be more pleasant but win nothing" not one player would choose the latter.

I actually think given how much the press obsessed over him that he conducted himself really well. The guy was the best there's been but I didn't get much in the way of arrogance from him. Apart from when folk challenged him. But he didn't appear to play into the one man team sort of behaviour.

Jerry Krause is the epitome of wee man syndrome. To announce a coach will be sacked before a ball is thrown is absolutely mental. And the owner is just as big a dick.

Fair play to Karl Malone for coming on to the Bulls bus to congratulate Jordan. That took some balls IMO. Far more dignified than Thomas and The Pistons with their walk out.

Cracking documentary all-in.
Great Post.

Loved the whole series he was just an absolute animal his will to win was unbelievable. The performance while suffering from food poisoning was incredible.

Absolutely crazy that they got rid of Phil Jackson. He went onto win another 5 nba titles at the Lakers and the bulls haven't won even a conference title since.

Great Post.

Loved the whole series he was just an absolute animal his will to win was unbelievable. The performance while suffering from food poisoning was incredible.

Absolutely crazy that they got rid of Phil Jackson. He went onto win another 5 nba titles at the Lakers and the bulls haven't won even a conference title since.
Oh aye I forgot about the pizza! Shocking stuff but incredible he played on. As well as Pippen tbf. You could see straight away his back was crippling him. Some balls to keep going.

abosolutly loved the whole series, the jumping back and forth really gave you an insight into everything that happened with the team in that whole run. Definatly one of the best programs i have watch recently.  It was about Jordan but you got a fair insight into the other players on the team.

You really do wonder if they could have won a 7th with all of them on 1 year deals.

Loved Rodman, disappearing to appear next to Hogan while in the middle of the finals was something specail but even more impresive was Phil Jackson's management of him. Many many coaches would have booted him but he appreciated that he was a tremendous player and his off court stuff never effected his court performance.

the pizza was obvious as soon as 3 folk turned up to delivery it. no chance i would have touched it, but fair play to him for playing though it.

Nice touch by Malone going on to the bus, real class.

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Thoroughly enjoyed The Last Dance. Gutted it's finished. Some of my 'analysis':-

Jordan was an absolute monster on the court. I'm not a big basketball fan but some of the shit he was pulling off was incredible. One of the shots where he had the ball in his right hand, was coming down then threw it to his left hand and scored was unreal.

He was clearly a bit of a tyrant but I didn't get a sense of his being a tosser as such. He wanted to win and I expect him pushing folk to the limit played a bit part. I'd go as far to say that if you asked every player that won with him "would you trade his behaviour and the success for him to be more pleasant but win nothing" not one player would choose the latter.

I actually think given how much the press obsessed over him that he conducted himself really well. The guy was the best there's been but I didn't get much in the way of arrogance from him. Apart from when folk challenged him. But he didn't appear to play into the one man team sort of behaviour.

Jerry Krause is the epitome of wee man syndrome. To announce a coach will be sacked before a ball is thrown is absolutely mental. And the owner is just as big a dick.

Fair play to Karl Malone for coming on to the Bulls bus to congratulate Jordan. That took some balls IMO. Far more dignified than Thomas and The Pistons with their walk out.

Couldn’t have put it better myself! 

12 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Got 1 episode left of white lines. At this stage I will congratulate whoever turns out to have killed Axel, because he’s a c**t. His sister not much better.

Got one episode left now as well. I'm going for..

Spoiler

a joint effort between a whole bunch of them

On 17/05/2020 at 12:23, D.A.F.C said:

Watched a documentary about tinker Hatfield who designed air max and jordan trainers. Sounds dull but was interesting, growing up in the 90s his shoes were what everyone wanted to wear.

What's it called?  Hatfield's a legend, I've spent a fortune on trainers designed by him.

On 19/05/2020 at 16:00, 19QOS19 said:

Jordan was an absolute monster on the court. I'm not a big basketball fan but some of the shit he was pulling off was incredible. One of the shots where he had the ball in his right hand, was coming down then threw it to his left hand and scored was unreal.

^^^ reported for being right again.

Its easy to forget just how good Jordan was. He became this global mega-start but he genuinely was one of, if not the, best players to play the game. He was clearly a dick in the way he drove people but I dont think theres anyway you could do what he did to the Bulls without being that driven. I love the way he made up things to give him a reason to raise his game!

The other thing we learnt from the doc, though, was that Bulls team was rotten without Scottie Pippen

Got one episode left now as well. I'm going for..
Spoiler

a joint effort between a whole bunch of them

Got round to watching the finale tonight...

had a hunch it might have had something to do with Marcus, did feel for him finding out Axel had pumped Anna. Glad boxer got a relatively happy ending, and Marcus is a jammy c**t winding up with Kika

And also: how nice a guy is Steve Kerr??

^^^ reported for being right again.
Its easy to forget just how good Jordan was. He became this global mega-start but he genuinely was one of, if not the, best players to play the game. He was clearly a dick in the way he drove people but I dont think theres anyway you could do what he did to the Bulls without being that driven. I love the way he made up things to give him a reason to raise his game!
The other thing we learnt from the doc, though, was that Bulls team was rotten without Scottie Pippen

Guest DAVIDB69
Has anyone seen White Lines? It’s the worst series I’ve ever seen in my life. Dreadful.

I have done 2 episodes it’s not great but I will stick with it