Netflix

Biscuits

Money Heist is an absolutely fantastic series but.....

Spoiler

The leap for Sierra to suspect Antonãnzas, the leap for Sierra to find the Professor, and the fact that they were unable to shoot Gandia after he executed Nairobi were all total nonsense for me. 

On 07/05/2020 at 08:58, Biscuits said:

Enjoying the last dance - tho why has it taken over 20 years to be released?

Jordan had total control of the footage. It was known going into the season that this was likely to be the last for Jordan/this Bulls team. Producers approached the NBA with a pitch to film it but without a specific plan. That's why you'll notice no talking head interviews from the time it was filmed. Its all just fly on the wall stuff.

The footage just sat in the NBAs archive and over the years the odd director would make a pitch. Spike Lee for example was someone that was linked. Then around the time of ESPN's 30 for 30 there was an attempt to do something. It was really OJs Made in America that created a template for what to do and helped get this made. Before that it was probably always pitched around just the final season, rather than being an all encompassing career retrospective.

I am not okay with this

I assume this is from the same writer of the end of the fucking World comics as its got a very similar style and tone. Was initially drawn to it by the fact that there were only 7 x twenty minute long episodes but glad I did.

Not quite as good as EOTFW but engaging, funny at times, cringey and enjoyable for a quick watch. Solid performances from the two leads as well who you'll recognise from It. Hell of an ending too!

1 hour ago, paul-r-cfc said:

I am not okay with this

I assume this is from the same writer of the end of the fucking World comics as its got a very similar style and tone. Was initially drawn to it by the fact that there were only 7 x twenty minute long episodes but glad I did.

Not quite as good as EOTFW but engaging, funny at times, cringey and enjoyable for a quick watch. Solid performances from the two leads as well who you'll recognise from It. Hell of an ending too!

It is

Finished watching Waco the other day, really good watch, though a bit tough in places when you realise some of that stuff actually happened. I was 8 when the siege happened, I remember seeing the burning building on the news. I think before watching the show and reading more into what happened, I had an idea in my head that the Branch Davidians had clearly done something wrong and had brought what happened on themselves. Obviously we will probably never know the truth about what actually went on and how did what, and David Koresh was clearly a bit mental, but after watching I didn't quite go full Timothy McVeigh but I did feel sorry for them and felt the government and various agencies made an absolute arse of the whole thing.  

Started watching Last Chance U, it focuses on East Mississippi community college football team, basically troubled kids trying to find a way out of their current situation, i've found myself willing those kids to succeed, definitely worth a watch.

Started watching Last Chance U, it focuses on East Mississippi community college football team, basically troubled kids trying to find a way out of their current situation, i've found myself willing those kids to succeed, definitely worth a watch.

Watched it a few years ago, although didn’t see any of the follow-ups. It’s superb.

16 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Watched it a few years ago, although didn’t see any of the follow-ups. It’s superb.

The episode i watched last night ended with a mass brawl and a player getting stomped on by the entire team, it is indeed superb. 

1 hour ago, stevieKTID said:

The episode i watched last night ended with a mass brawl and a player getting stomped on by the entire team, it is indeed superb. 

Yeah I wasn't sure if you had got to that bit, totally mental!

A friend of mine has said that the seasons are all great but I only ever watched the first.

Finished watching Waco the other day, really good watch, though a bit tough in places when you realise some of that stuff actually happened. I was 8 when the siege happened, I remember seeing the burning building on the news. I think before watching the show and reading more into what happened, I had an idea in my head that the Branch Davidians had clearly done something wrong and had brought what happened on themselves. Obviously we will probably never know the truth about what actually went on and how did what, and David Koresh was clearly a bit mental, but after watching I didn't quite go full Timothy McVeigh but I did feel sorry for them and felt the government and various agencies made an absolute arse of the whole thing.  

Is this on Netflix?

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

Yeah I wasn't sure if you had got to that bit, totally mental!

A friend of mine has said that the seasons are all great but I only ever watched the first.

Watched all 4 (?) seasons and they are a terriffic watch but i would gladly stamp on both head coaches all day long.

Its hard to watch some really talented kids piss it up the wall because they can't behave.

Highlight of series 1 and 2? Mrs Wagner, she actually cares for the kids and tries to get them the results they need (and a complete milfy wid)

2 hours ago, steelmen said:

Watched all 4 (?) seasons and they are a terriffic watch but i would gladly stamp on both head coaches all day long.

Its hard to watch some really talented kids piss it up the wall because they can't behave.

Highlight of series 1 and 2? Mrs Wagner, she actually cares for the kids and tries to get them the results they need (and a complete milfy wid)

Mrs Wagner is brilliant, she definitely cares even if some of the kids don't... And yes... wid. 

The Last Dance is one of the best sports documentaries for many years. Epic stuff. Good that you get to see a different side to Jordan, almost a bully at times, coming from someone who loved MJ as a player.

Must admit, I was absolutely shocked when he was on the brink of tears when the interviewer asked if he thought people saw him as a nice person. Seemed to really hit a nerve.

9 hours ago, Co.Down Hibee said:

Agree with the comments on the last dance , absolutely brilliant. 

I'd reccomend Trial by Media as well, 

I watched the first two episodes of Trial by Media. I was really looking forward to the series but to be honest it was somewhat lacklustre and half way through the second episode I was willing for it to end.