Netflix

Biscuits

ESPN are releasing a 10 part documentary series on Michael Jordan and the 1997-98 Chicago Bulls season. The crew were given unlimited access to the team. It’s been reported Netflix will also show it the day after it’s been on in the states. The ESPN 30 for 30 series is one of my favourites and has been for years so I’m rather looking forward to this.

Quite enjoyed it too, bar the obvious alterations of Blackburn Olympic to Blackburn to simplify its.
Took me ages to realise that Fergus was young Thomas from Still Game (Winstons nephew)
I recognised him straight away. It was Kate Dickie I struggled with (Fergus's mum). Knew her face but couldn't place her. She was the lassie that gave birth in The Clansman.

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
5 hours ago, gav-ffc said:
Quite enjoyed it too, bar the obvious alterations of Blackburn Olympic to Blackburn to simplify its.
Took me ages to realise that Fergus was young Thomas from Still Game (Winstons nephew)

I recognised him straight away. It was Kate Dickie I struggled with (Fergus's mum). Knew her face but couldn't place her. She was the lassie that gave birth in The Clansman.

She also turns off the gas for Robbo in Filth

Maybe "doing it wrong" but I watched I'm Alan Partridge which was fantastic. I start Knowing Me Knowing you lastnight and didnt like episode 1 really. It was nowhere near subtle enough. Should I stick with it?

Absolutely. It’s pretty farcical but by 2nd/3rd episode you’ll love it. Curious as to what you don’t fancy about KMKY?

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
13 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Absolutely. It’s pretty farcical but by 2nd/3rd episode you’ll love it. Curious as to what you don’t fancy about KMKY?

Just thought it was a bit OTT compared to the others iv watched. A bit silly really.

I'd say watch it all the way through. I think it's the sheer silliness is what makes it for me, different strokes and all that though. 

I'd say watch it all the way through. I think it's the sheer silliness is what makes it for me, different strokes and all that though. 
Dont get me wrong there were bits I laughed at but they were the bits where he says or does something off the cuff that's a bit.... Partridge. I will keep on going with it though.

On 12/04/2020 at 19:05, Savage Henry said:

It's certainly too long... but too slow?  The last couple of episodes - once the filmmakers realise what they've got a hold of, are just insane incident after insane incident.

If you want to watch something too long try and watch Staircase.

Thought Tiger King was okay, was fairly happy when it finished though tbh. Americans being absolute screwballs is nothing new.

I've been doing a full rewatch of The Thick of It on Netflix and I have kind of concluded that it might be a little bit overrated. The first two seasons, mostly because of Hugh Abbot, are excellent, but that is six episodes (plus two specials). Whilst still having some very good moments, I think it loses direction in the third and fourth seasons and the quality of writing is notably poorer.

Jamie is also a better and funnier character than Malcolm, I think. 

Edited by DrewDon

I've been doing a full rewatch of The Thick of It on Netflix and I have kind of concluded that it might be a little bit overrated. The first two seasons, mostly because of Hugh Abbot, are excellent, but that is six episodes (plus two specials). Whilst still having some very good moments, I think it loses direction in the third and fourth seasons and the quality of writing is notably poorer.
Jamie is also a better and funnier character than Malcolm, I think. 
I'd never seen it before but heard good things so watched a couple of episodes a month ago. I think the current political climate probably kills it.

Anyone else spot Neymar in Money Heist? This crap of putting random celebs in TV shows has to stop.

Nearly at the end of season 3 just now. Not quite getting the transition of Raquel from the inspector to one of the criminals. It just doesn't seem right.

Edit: I see he is in another episode as well

On 16/04/2020 at 16:26, glassnahalf said:

Innocence Files. Watched up to part 3 and the catalogue of miscarriages of justice is jawdropping. 

I'm not even past ep. 1. Thank f**k for subtitles. 

That guy who put up the dentistry argument is a balloon. I really hope he's trying to act like Jim Ross from the WWE and isn't actually like that in his professional life. 

Edit : good to see him called out in ep. 2.

Edited by Dele

Anyone else spot Neymar in Money Heist? This crap of putting random celebs in TV shows has to stop.

Nearly at the end of season 3 just now. Not quite getting the transition of Raquel from the inspector to one of the criminals. It just doesn't seem right.

Edit: I see he is in another episode as well

I was watching money heist late at night when I first noticed Neymar in it, did a double take :lol:

Have just finished s4 of it and can’t praise it enough. Can’t go into too much detail as not sure how to use spoilers on phone but it’s a show where you end up properly gutted at some of the deaths.

Can’t go into too much detail as not sure how to use spoilers on phone but it’s a show where you end up properly gutted at some of the deaths.

Especially one in particular. Couldnt believe it :(