Netflix

Biscuits

Not entirely sure you can sit there and slate the entire Sunderland fanbase for being hypocritical knobs when the documentary itself only features about 15 of them in total. In general, they are a good set of fans and to average 30,000 in League One when you can't beat Accrington Stanley is pretty decent regardless of the club.
Charlie Methven outs himself as an absolute whopper though. FWIW, he is absolutely wrong about the stadium music as well. Having been to the SoL a couple of times, I can honestly say that Dance of the Knights (The Apprentice tune) was an incredible choice of music to build up to kick off. Why you would can that in favour of making it like 'a rave in Ibiza', I just cannot understand.
We see far more than 15 shouting acid abuse from the stands throughout. They come across as a completely odious bunch. That they support in numbers is irrelevant. The OF get tens of thousands every home game as well.

Just started season two of Sunderland till I die, already this Charlie Methven is an absolute w**k.  The state of his presentation at the very start just screams business w**k with arrogance and a bunch of nonsense cliches and buzzwords

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I sat watched the first episode of the first series last night, having never heard of this documentary before.

It's utterly laughable how their fans reacted to getting a telling from Celtic in pre season. A friendly FFS, and some of them are utterly frothing at the mouth. Another case of English football underestimating our best side IMO.

Was also delightful to briefly see Dorus de Vries!

You'll realise as the programme goes on that a lot of that foaming at the mouth stuff was actually probably from a different game entirely. For all the praise it gets about being a brilliant documentary, which it is, the editing is very poor in parts e.g. Sunderland miss a chance away at Brentford and then it shows the fans with their head in their hands at the SoL

6 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I sat watched the first episode of the first series last night, having never heard of this documentary before.

It's utterly laughable how their fans reacted to getting a telling from Celtic in pre season. A friendly FFS, and some of them are utterly frothing at the mouth. Another case of English football underestimating our best side IMO.

Was also delightful to briefly see Dorus de Vries!

St Johnstone had beaten their first team 3-0 a week previous to that game as well. They were absolute shite.

Edited by Kyle

The Celtic game pissed me off too. I actually remember seeing the result on livescore at the time and thinking it was impressive to beat a just relegated Barclays team 5-0.

But when you actually see it on the first episode of series 1, you kind of wonder how Celtic didn't score more. Sunderland were a team of complete jobbers.  Celtic had superior players in every position and 6 months earlier had drawn with Man City home and away in the CL. 

Celtic were always going to absolutely beast them. 

Tiger King is like the hillbilly version of Sergio Leone's  Once Upon a Time in America. It's like if you took all the weird bits from all the Louis Theroux's documentaries and crammed them into one show. Unintentionally hilarious stuff, lost it with Joe's music video about Carol killing her husband, he's a master shit poster ahead of his time.

Tiger King is like the hillbilly version of Sergio Leone's  Once Upon a Time in America. It's like if you took all the weird bits from all the Louis Theroux's documentaries and crammed them into one show. Unintentionally hilarious stuff, lost it with Joe's music video about Carol killing her husband, he's a master shit poster ahead of his time.

If you weren’t already aware Joe Exotic did feature in a Louis Theroux documentary about 10 years ago. Worth a watch.

Sunderland till I die - remember why I hate Sunderland. Wasn’t as behind the scenes as series one but still enjoyable.

Also binged watched the stranger today, really enjoyed it although thought last episode wasn’t that great.

There supporters sound like deluded arse holes. Loved the tears at the end

On 01/04/2020 at 21:23, 19QOS19 said:

Binged 2nd series of Sunderland documentary today. Great entertainment once more. Hope they make another. My bulletpoints:-

Unfortunately, the makers have confirmed that they haven't filmed this season. They have said if something changes ie promotion they may apply to do another

Are there any horrible moments on the Tiger King? Been wanting to watch it, but couldn't watch Don't f**k with Cats due to even the wee shot of the cat just before it gets tortured/killed/whatever.

Are there any horrible moments on the Tiger King? Been wanting to watch it, but couldn't watch Don't f**k with Cats due to even the wee shot of the cat just before it gets tortured/killed/whatever.
Nah it's not like that. The closest it came to animal cruelty* was when one of the tigers went to grab him and he used his stick to get it to go away. It was an act of self defence more than him chasing the tiger to beat it.

* By that I mean beating. Breeding tigers to cage them is cruelty in itself IMO.