Netflix

Biscuits

Just finished Tiger King. As others have said, absolute madness from start to finish. The only ones who come out of it with any sort of dignity are the Joe Exotic TV producer and the bird who got her arm chewed off (yes, I know).
Have also been binging That 70s Show from start to finish. Used to watch it religiously years ago, but having never seen it before, the last series is unwatchably bad.

Finished that tiger thing. Holy f**k, man. I thought the hitman taking a bath mid-interview was going to be the weirdest thing, until the guy with the Joe Exotic tattoo above his pubes decided to get it covered up by something that didn't totally cover it up. Why were everyone's tattoos so awful?

I’d go so far as to say that Joe himself is possibly the most “down to earth” character of the lot. It’s absolutely insane.

You know it’s fucking mental when the most sane, rational and relatable people - by a distance - are the lassie who had her arm bitten off, the meth head straight lad who married a homosexual man for seemingly no reason, and the drug dealer that literally inspired Scarface.

Nothing but respect for Joe Exotic’s commitment to the gimmick when “his people” were there in the audience at the park. Lost your entire fortune in a law suit? No bother. Under FBI Investigation? Zero problem. Husband’s just killed himself? Who cares. There’re people to entertain goddamnit!

What a worker.

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

What, asking her to do her job? Yeah, what a dick.

I know its all edited and she probably gets a raw deal from the doc makers, but she pretty clearly just didnt get it. They'd spent months trying to market the game and beat the attendance record. At half time she looked like she didnt give a shit. They obviously wanted the crowd figure to announce to the fans and her comment was "if we dont get it, we dont get it"

I'm sure the lingering shots of her looking disinterested and playing with her hair during meetings were exaggerated to some degree. I've worked for plenty of people like him, and with plenty of people like her. He wants people to buy into the vision and show enthusiasm or at least slap a decent face on and pretend. Can't remember who it was that said it, but one guy said that the marketing team have always been told what to do so have forgotten how to think for themselves. Her "if we don't get it" line is so complacent and ambivalent and is pretty much all you need to know about her. It was the easiest thing for her to buy into as well, keep on top of the ticketing, get a decent estimate, and she just couldn't bring herself to do it.

Series 2 was much more focused on Donald and Methven and i can't say i enjoyed it as much.

Getting hard over Will Grigg was weird. It was clear the young lad wasn't signing the contract so they should have been speaking to players well before deadline day. 3 million for a striker who has only scored under 8 goals in 49 games for them. Ooft. 

9 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Series 2 was much more focused on Donald and Methven and i can't say i enjoyed it as much.

Getting hard over Will Grigg was weird. It was clear the young lad wasn't signing the contract so they should have been speaking to players well before deadline day. 3 million for a striker who has only scored under 8 goals in 49 games for them. Ooft. 

Same here i felt last season was much better to watch and a lot more indepth.

I was gutted they stayed down after watching season one but now after seeing the fans reaction (worse than series 1) and that knob Methven  I am delighted they fucked up the cup final and play offs.

Binged 2nd series of Sunderland documentary today. Great entertainment once more. Hope they make another. My bulletpoints:-

- Their fans are incredibly deluded/hyprocritical/fucking knobs. Some highlights "This game (cup final) will be shown all over the world". Aye, I'm sure millions will be tuning in to the English Challenge Cup mate. "One of the biggest clubs in the country" and in the next scene you get "This is a once in a lifetime game" (Challenge Cup final). The player getting abuse in the shop with his family highlighted how much they are complete c***s. I imagine they could have shared a lot more stories like that. I've disliked a lot of QoS players in my time but I would never give a player abuse in the street, let alone if they had their family with them. Loyal fans yet they could only muster 27,000 for the biggest home game of the season because ST weren't accepted?!

- Methven will definitely be a p***k and business first. I didn't think he was out of line with the Irish lassie, her attitude was a bigger concern. I found it more annoying when he shot down the young guy in board room when they were discussing ticket allocation. The lad made a valid point that those who had attended the previous Chekatrade games (diddy games) should be given a chance at tickets. He was more concerned about profit.

- The women fans really don't come out of it well. Some absolute cringeworthy stuff. Shite like (at 1-0) "I wish the game was finished now". Just obviously drivel.

- That "Greatest team, the world has ever seen" song must be one of the worst in football.

Same here i felt last season was much better to watch and a lot more indepth.
I was gutted they stayed down after watching season one but now after seeing the fans reaction (worse than series 1) and that knob Methven  I am delighted they fucked up the cup final and play offs.

The way they make it I almost want to see them do well to see newly implemented things work and new signings perform. Then we get a scene involving their fans and I revert back to hoping we see their salty tears. Fannies.

52 minutes ago, MSU said:

Oopsy. #CaptionFail

1AC82BCE-600E-49D3-A21E-676E54F6E594.png

Not as bad as that but there was a clip in the first episode of the players apparently training for the first game of the season - except Craig Samson was in it and he didn't leave us until October or November.

One of the guys behind it was on the Totally Football League Show today and said they weren't making a third season. They only made a second because the ownership changed as if Ellis Short had still been in charge it would just have been more of the same.

The absolute state of that funeral on Tiger King BTW. 

Joe talking about the guy rubbing his balls on his face, singing his own song for promotion and the mum looking like she was out her face on meth. 

No righters the lot of them. 

23 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

The absolute state of that funeral on Tiger King BTW. 

Joe talking about the guy rubbing his balls on his face, singing his own song for promotion and the mum looking like she was out her face on meth. 

No righters the lot of them. 

Christ, I forgot about the funeral. Classy. 

Finished Sunderland Til I Die Season Two. Agree that it's not quite as enjoyable as the first season, but it's always nice to see disappointed Mackems and imagine Andy Dawson crying into his blue drink on the train home.

5 hours ago, ArabGaz said:

That’s all six seasons of Community up on Netflix now. 

I got as far as the third season before it was removed from All 4 a couple of months ago so looking forward to catching the rest of it.

Chevy Chase ruined Community for me.

An absolutely rancid character. Not even Alison Brie could save it.

Not entirely sure you can sit there and slate the entire Sunderland fanbase for being hypocritical knobs when the documentary itself only features about 15 of them in total. In general, they are a good set of fans and to average 30,000 in League One when you can't beat Accrington Stanley is pretty decent regardless of the club.

Charlie Methven outs himself as an absolute whopper though. FWIW, he is absolutely wrong about the stadium music as well. Having been to the SoL a couple of times, I can honestly say that Dance of the Knights (The Apprentice tune) was an incredible choice of music to build up to kick off. Why you would can that in favour of making it like 'a rave in Ibiza', I just cannot understand.

I sat watched the first episode of the first series last night, having never heard of this documentary before.

It's utterly laughable how their fans reacted to getting a telling from Celtic in pre season. A friendly FFS, and some of them are utterly frothing at the mouth. Another case of English football underestimating our best side IMO.

Was also delightful to briefly see Dorus de Vries!