Netflix

Biscuits

The Platform

Cracking concept. Nice dark film that gets a bit crazy at times. The ending is open to interpretation but I expect it'll get some pelters because you have to think for yourself.

The main theme throughout is extremely relevant in this current Corona climate. Well worth a watch in lockdown.
Some parts are absolutely barkit. Especially the rope scene...

Tiger King

Spoilers.

Been covered already but they are all complete loonballs. Remember watching a Louis Theroux documentary on him before.

I think he probably loved the animals in the beginning but his Ego became more important than the tigers in the end. His latest partner is a complete creep. Hiring a nanny that is absolutely stunning and haven't no shame saying it's intentional, in front of his pregnant GF shows him for what he is. She's a mug as well. I expect he'll be in prison at some point. The wee fat guy is a complete wrong-un as well as being a snake.

And as for that bitch Carole. The biggest disappointed of the whole programme is that she wasn't knocked off. A complete fruitcake who definitely murdered her ex-husband and I expect she'll do it to her latest one when he stops being useful to her. A hypocrite into the bargain. I reckon she was jealous of that guy's collection more than anything.

Worth a watch and it just confirms that people who keep cats are definitely OFTW...

Unorthodox - four part mini series about a 19 year old girl who flees her Ultra Orthodox Jewish community in New York and heads to Berlin to try and achieve her ambition of becoming a classical musician.

I thoroughly enjoyed this and Shira Haas who plays the girl  Esty is outstanding in her role as we see her trying to negotiate her new found freedom in Berlin after her strict Hasidic way of life. In a series of flashbacks it shows the build up to her arranged marriage, the wedding, how her life is ruled by the archaic customs/traditions and the expectation that she has to produce babies. It's a well told story which is based, in part, on Deborah Feldman's memoir 'Unorthodox: The Scandalous Rejection Of My Hasidic Roots'
Well worth a watch. 

You Don't f**k with Cats

If anyone is unsure of watching this (like I was) in case it's too graphic then I'd watch it. You see the start of the video but the act is left to the imagination. Even the cat sounds aren't blood curdling, just a cat meowing. Though I'm not sure about the snake incident as I did mute it for that.

SPOILERS

f**k me, what a complete cretin. Had no idea about the story before watching it other than he killed a cat. After that first video I said I hope he was caught before he murdered a human as that was always on the cards. Sadly it was too late. Just a complete psychopath and I hope life means life or he'll absolutely kill again.

His mother is just as batshit crazy. How fucking deluded can you be? She should have been locked up for that as well.

The main woman sleuth is a wrong-un as well. Wtf is with her own alias?! That's weird in itself. When she gave that shite about "there is one unwritten rule online..." Aye, kids torture videos, other animal cruelty, snuff films are all fair game, just leave the cats alone. f**k off ya weirdo. Defo OFTW.

Another good documentary all in though and these mini-docs are where Netflix shine IMO.

9 hours ago, Co.Down Hibee said:

The English Game was a very good watch ,

Going to take the plunge into Money Heist tonight, have only heard good things about it.

Money Heist is great. I'm assuming you'll be watching it with Spanish subtitles. I heard a few people mentioning that they watched the dubbed English version. Idiots :lol:

29 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

Anybody watching/seen top boy? On episode 4 and its gripping stuff. Need to rewind the bits where the Jamaican lads are chatting quite a bit though, difficult to keep up.   

Aye, really good. Only seen the most recent series(as I hasn't realised it wasn't the first, as the others have a different name on Netflix), will go back at some point. Yeah, struggled a bit at times with the accent. Also, the weird tut thing they do with their lips gets annoying once you've noticed it :lol:

Anybody watching/seen top boy? On episode 4 and its gripping stuff. Need to rewind the bits where the Jamaican lads are chatting quite a bit though, difficult to keep up.   
Top Boy is fucking brilliant. I might muldy criticise it that the newest series maybe went a wee bit less gritty and a wee bit more shiny owing to Netflix involvement but it's a minor criticism

5 hours ago, alang1993 said:

Aye, really good. Only seen the most recent series(as I hasn't realised it wasn't the first, as the others have a different name on Netflix), will go back at some point. Yeah, struggled a bit at times with the accent. Also, the weird tut thing they do with their lips gets annoying once you've noticed it :lol:

f**k fam. I've just realised that i've done the exact same thing. The other file says 2 seasons, I read it as season 2.

Tssssk.