Netflix

Biscuits

Just finished The Witcher and I don’t care what you say, I enjoyed it, once I got my head around the fact that the first 6 episodes are set in three different time periods, this isn’t a spoiler btw, I think you’re supposed to just know!!!

Just finished The Witcher and I don’t care what you say, I enjoyed it, once I got my head around the fact that the first 6 episodes are set in three different time periods, this isn’t a spoiler btw, I think you’re supposed to just know!!!
I think you're supposed to look more into it, and like me buy the previous games and the books etc.
Hooked. And glad!

The English Game

Thoroughly enjoyed this and watched it in no time. Really didn't get the cheesy aspect at all. At the start there's a hint of 'rich = bad, poor = good' but it doesn't last and in actual fact I felt it demonstrated that the rich have their own set of troubles as well. It's about football but it's as much a period drama.

They kept the football action to a minimum which was excellent. You just can't film football and make it look authentic so they used some decent tricks to aide them. A lot of it was just filming the body movement rather than the ball.

It got a lot of emotion from me personally: anger, laughter, sadness, happiness. There was quite a lot packed in 6 episodes.

Really really enjoyed it. I think the title is almost tongue-in-cheek as well. The whole story is about how two Scotsmen effectively changed the game. Recommend watching this when you're in lockdown.

Good to see Winston's grandson got out his wanking chariot to become a good football player.

Just now, Shandon Par said:

IIRC Season 2 of the Crimetown podcast covered this (see podcast thread).

Yeah I certainly remember the names (Gil Hill stands out) but putting the faces to the names and actually watching the story laid out in front of you is quite the thing. 

I'd recommend you give it a watch. 

Tiger King

Joe Exotic is a fuckin screwball, however he isnt the only one. Almost everyone in this is a complete weirdo and it really gives a bad impression of Americans in general.

Ps Carole Baskin most definitely killed her husband

1 hour ago, Twinkle said:

Tiger King

Joe Exotic is a fuckin screwball, however he isnt the only one. Almost everyone in this is a complete weirdo and it really gives a bad impression of Americans in general.

It’s a sad day when a Tony Montana style Cuban cocaine kingpin is the soundest interviewee.

19 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Tiger King

This is certainly one collection of oddballs. Dangerous oddballs at that. And ditto Carole. 

I was pleasantly surprised by The English Game. I thought it was very interesting, and it's even better given that the protagonist was a real person. I was under the impression it was all fictitious. Furthermore, Fergus Suter was a Scotsman! It basically chronicles the start of professional football in England, and attributes the development of the passing game to Scots.

Fergus_Suter.thumb.jpg.a48cb2ce671dbb05b359bbcaf7c6be0c.jpg

Picture above shamelessly stolen from his Wikipedia page.

The Platform

Cracking concept. Nice dark film that gets a bit crazy at times. The ending is open to interpretation but I expect it'll get some pelters because you have to think for yourself.

The main theme throughout is extremely relevant in this current Corona climate. Well worth a watch in lockdown.