Netflix

Biscuits

Finished season 2 of Sex Education.  Excellent series. Delighted they are making more.
Was looking at the Wiki page for the show and it turns out that the actor who plays Eric (Ncuti Gatwa) actually went to Dunfermline High School and would be just a few years below me.  Good interview with him here: https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2020/jan/05/ncuti-gatwa-i-will-say-yes-to-anything-sex-education
I had no idea of his Scottish upbringing either until I saw a programme on BBC Scotland called Black and Scottish.

4 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Wish they'd do an El Chapo Narcos series like the Escobar ones, two of them are legendary in their escapades. El Chapo liked his escaping through tunnels like Escobar too.

I reckon there will be a third Mexico series. It has far too much potential not to be done. Reckon it would blow the first two series out the water, too. Ep 9 & 10 were very decent though. 

58 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Escobar had an element of Robin Hood about him even if he was a terrifying monster.

Chapo is a half decent watch. Ham acting though. 

You're spot on about Escobar. It's hard not to love the mad rogue. 

Edited by Dele

9 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

It's totally because of Escobar. He's such a fascinating character, the others are just standard issue gangsters.

I think that's probably right. For a lot of folk there's still a real reverence for him to this day over there. A fair few kids in the school I taught in mentioned him as someone they wanted to emulate, not in terms of drug trafficking usually but more the sort of Robin Hood, man of the people type thing.

I think his brazenness was such a big part of it - his corruption was getting himself elected, offering to pay the national debt etc. In the other series it's more your bog standard paying everyone off or shooting them

On 27/02/2020 at 15:16, wellboy1991 said:

For anyone interested Altered Carbon S2 starts today on Netflix.

I absolutely love the Kovacs books and really enjoyed the first season.

The second looks very promising aswell.

Handy that you can just bring in another actor to play the part, I liked the last one too. 

Watched the first 2 episodes last night, looking good, and i'm getting used to the new sleeved Kovacs.