Netflix

Biscuits

On 13/02/2020 at 23:23, Mr X said:

Cuckoo - been on my list for ages and got round to starting it the other night. First season is fantastic. Ive havent even got through episode one of season two and Im thinking of binning it already :( 

I've a weird morbid fascination with Cuckoo. The Samberg season is genuinely very good. They probably should have called it a day once he left but the first couple of seasons after where they follow essentially the same format but tweak it slightly and add Taylor Lautner are still fairly decent. Seasons 4 and 5 though are just a really weird attempt at dragging out the story despite the whole premise falling apart several times.

The cast are all very good tbf.

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

Pretty much echo the thoughts previously stated regarding stranger. A bit much going on for my liking albeit still didn't feel like I'd wasted my time watching it. The wee fat dude reminded me a bit of James Cordon. Can see him having a decent career.

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

You must have really loved S1 then.😂

Really enjoying S2, gets really good when they smell blood in the water with Felix losing his grip.

I've only got one episode left. Thought one was alright as it was mainly building the character. This is just a drag with far too much emphasis on parliament for my liking. 

1 minute ago, Dele said:

I've only got one episode left. Thought one was alright as it was mainly building the character. This is just a drag with far too much emphasis on parliament for my liking. 

I like all the dealings in Govt, CIA, and such stuff, seeing him out manoeuvred and his response.

2 hours ago, Dele said:

I enjoyed watching him getting put in his place off the Columbian.

Liked the scene with him revving the motorbike as well, horrible c**t. 

23 hours ago, Clough85 said:

I enjoyed watching him getting put in his place off the Columbian.

Liked the scene with him revving the motorbike as well, horrible c**t. 

The airfield scene was good as well, wasn't quite sure which way that was going to go. Had a feeling it would go the way it did but enough doubt surrounding it that made it a surprise. Esp as you could see Amado wasn't a happy chappie with Felix in charge.

19 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

The airfield scene was good as well, wasn't quite sure which way that was going to go. Had a feeling it would go the way it did but enough doubt surrounding it that made it a surprise. Esp as you could see Amado wasn't a happy chappie with Felix in charge.

**spoilers** 

That’s me finished now, last episode was good. Reminded me a we bit of Scarface and how his greed for power and money was his downfall. Bridge scene was horrifying. Pleased that he got his comeuppance. Was reading on Wikipedia that this event did actually happen but not in the timeline in this series. 

Netflix have a series called El Chapo which is next on my list. 

Justice for KIKI 

5 hours ago, Clough85 said:

**spoilers** 

That’s me finished now, last episode was good. Reminded me a we bit of Scarface and how his greed for power and money was his downfall. Bridge scene was horrifying. Pleased that he got his comeuppance. Was reading on Wikipedia that this event did actually happen but not in the timeline in this series. 

Netflix have a series called El Chapo which is next on my list. 

Justice for KIKI 

**spoilers**:o

Seen a few on El chapo thought it must've been made up but it wasn't, crazy stuff.

Quite enjoyed Narcos Mexico, although not nearly as much as the original series. I thought it was spread a wee bit thin. Performances of Luna and Pena, then McNairy, were excellent, as was the dude who played Pablo Acosta. But there were too many characters that it was difficult to give a damn about, and it just didn't flow as well as the original series in my view. 

8 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Quite enjoyed Narcos Mexico, although not nearly as much as the original series. I thought it was spread a wee bit thin. Performances of Luna and Pena, then McNairy, were excellent, as was the dude who played Pablo Acosta. But there were too many characters that it was difficult to give a damn about, and it just didn't flow as well as the original series in my view. 

Plus the Original series has Pablo Escobar himself. The actor that played him was a menace and was great as pablo. 

Even the cameo in Narcos: Mexico when he turned up to meet felix and talk and hippo potamus he was terrifying. 

4 hours ago, Clough85 said:

Plus the Original series has Pablo Escobar himself. The actor that played him was a menace and was great as pablo. 

Even the cameo in Narcos: Mexico when he turned up to meet felix and talk and hippo potamus he was terrifying. 

Aye well there's certainly something in that. I dunno, I lived in Colombia for a bit so maybe I'm just more pre disposed to liking the original. I didn't enjoy Mexico nearly as much but hard to put a finger on why

5 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

It's totally because of Escobar. He's such a fascinating character, the others are just standard issue gangsters.

Wish they'd do an El Chapo Narcos series like the Escobar ones, two of them are legendary in their escapades. El Chapo liked his escaping through tunnels like Escobar too.