Netflix

Biscuits

On 02/11/2019 at 18:53, J_Stewart said:

Atypical is back on for its third season, only a few episodes in, but as expected, it’s absolutely wonderful.

Just started watching this and got through the first 2 seasons.

It's superb. As well as being well written, the cast are all brilliant. I've also always been a fan of Michael Rappaport, and really enjoying his performance.

I don't know if I can hold off until Saturday to watch it. I have some time tonight before the football. Out tomorrow and Friday though. 
Decisions. 
That's a Shiter of a feeling! I'm hopefully getting Saturday to myself so morning run, lunch and a few beers before heading to watch Viktoria play Kaiserslaughtern (sp) before heading home for some more beers, Age of Empires 2with a takeaway whilst hearing Thistle are pumping us before the evening film.

On 26/11/2019 at 15:03, welshbairn said:

The Irishman out tomorrow.

220px-The_Irishman_poster.jpg

Spoiler

3 1/2 hrs. Really disliked the first hour. Second hour a bit boring. Third hour started to get engaging. Last half hour totally absorbing and ended up quite profound. 

2 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:
  Hide contents

3 1/2 hrs. Really disliked the first hour. Second hour a bit boring. Third hour started to get engaging. Last half hour totally absorbing and ended up quite profound. 

About half way through. Looking to find out what percentage of thief Hoffa was compared to working class hero fighting the only way possible.

Watched it in 2 sittings, got to say I think I’d have struggled in 1 sitting, don’t get me wrong, it’s pretty absorbing, just not 3 1/2 hrs absorbing. Overall I enjoyed it & Pesci was the standout for me, very understated in comparison to his usual performances, but terrific.
I’d rate it 8/10. Possibly the last we will see of the great Scorsese doing a full on mob movie, certainly with a cast as distinguished as this.

Welshbairn is correct. There’s a reason Netflix doesn’t give you the option to watch something else when the credits come up.

I thought it was genuinely wonderful. Film of the year for me. Joe Pesci’s withdrawn to role balances Al Pacino’s standard overacting.