Netflix

Biscuits

I watched the first few seasons on 60 Days In when it was on TV here, seasons 1-3 were pretty interested, by season 2 some of the real cons were smart enough to realise that maybe the cameras were there film 60 Days In, by season 4 it became pretty obvious to a lot of them and I stopped watching. 

I hate being out of the loop of a show that if I miss it initially I usually just dismiss it and never try to catch up! Stubborn denial.

This morning sitting bored after my dog walk and missus still ko'd, I went on netflix and started watching 'Mad Men'.

1 full episode watched, seemed decent, easy watch.. Worth dedicating 7 series or so of my time and life with it?

I hate being out of the loop of a show that if I miss it initially I usually just dismiss it and never try to catch up! Stubborn denial.

This morning sitting bored after my dog walk and missus still ko'd, I went on netflix and started watching 'Mad Men'.

1 full episode watched, seemed decent, easy watch.. Worth dedicating 7 series or so of my time and life with it?

100%. One of my favourite box sets, Don Draper and Roger Sterling are cool as f**k.

4 hours ago, SaltandPepe said:

Absolutely.

Fantastically written and acted, and full of wids.

Just finished watching Seasons 1 and 2 of the Australian show Glitch about a bunch of local people who come back from the dead. It's pretty good with each of the Risen trying to regain memories of their lives and the local Cop trying to find out how and why they were brought back.

I've heard that Season 3 is terrible and nowhere as good as 1 and 2 but there's only 6 episodes so I'll give it a go with no great expectations.

Just finished watching Seasons 1 and 2 of the Australian show Glitch about a bunch of local people who come back from the dead. It's pretty good with each of the Risen trying to regain memories of their lives and the local Cop trying to find out how and why they were brought back.
I've heard that Season 3 is terrible and nowhere as good as 1 and 2 but there's only 6 episodes so I'll give it a go with no great expectations.
Sounds very similar to Les Revenants which was then remade into an American version called The Returned.

1 hour ago, fuzzydunlop said:

Watched 'Dolemite is My Name' with Eddie Murphy on Saturday, quite a good film and worth a watch if you are looking for something not too heavy.  Good soundtrack as well!

Was just going to post the same. Proper feelgood film. 

On 16/10/2019 at 22:01, Doctor said:

Was excited to hear Seinfeld is coming to Netflix only to realise its not till 2021!

I am currently going through it with my boy on Amazon Prime. 

The 90s had some fantastic comedy.  Seinfeld, Frasier, Father Ted and so many more. Far better than now. 

I am currently going through it with my boy on Amazon Prime. 
The 90s had some fantastic comedy.  Seinfeld, Frasier, Father Ted and so many more. Far better than now. 
All subjective really so it's all a matter of opinion. My two favourite sitcoms are It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Trailer Park Boys, released in 2005 and '01 respectively. Seinfeld was probably a trailblazer though. I'm sure their mantra was "no hugging, no learning". That can be applied to Sunny in Philly and a bit to TPB so they clearly took something away from it.

I'd probably say there are as many shite sitcoms from each of the times. If I had a top 10 I'd probably have just about an even amount from the 90s and 00s.

I'd agree with that, actually. The 00's brought us Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Office, Nighty Night and a few more that had me in stitches.

As for bad sitcoms, that could be a thread in itself. The 70s right to now, TV is awash with them. For every Red Dwarf, there is a Brittas Empire. For every Fawlty Towers, there is a Terry and June.

Been watching a few episodes of Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee. The  clue to the premise of the show is in the title - Jerry Seinfield picks up a comedian and they go for a drive and a chat and stop for a coffee. 

Some interesting guests but special mention to the two Ricky Gervais episodes - had me in stitches today. 

I had to turn off the Seth Rogen episode though as it was quite uncomfortable watching how nervous he was and all his fake laughs. 

Easy viewing with each episode only around 20 minutes long. 

Edit: Add Will Ferrell and Barack Obama to the gid episodes. 

Edit 2: Add Kevin Hart to dece watch. Jerry Seinfield has terrible dress sense. Shirt, sports jacket, jeans and running shoes is not, and never will be, a good look. 

Edit 3: I doubt I could live in NY without being involved in road rage incidents on a daily basis. Even the missus is commenting on taxi drivers just drifting into other lanes with no indicators. 

Edited by Dee Man