Netflix

Biscuits

They're just codes for different categories of films, so it will pull the choices available by that category in your region.
I've seen this code article pop up every once in a while over the years.

Basically it’s what you get if you change the geo restrictions with a VPN.

On 26/09/2019 at 17:34, parsforlife said:

Seems there’s only 3 but loads of dubbed forgein versions also available which seem decent enough

Started on the Spanish one with dreadful dubbing until I found the controls to put on the original language and subtitles. Much better.

Is it? I thought the category codes just gave you access to whats available in your region

In that case there’s very little point to them, other than historical showings. I was under the impression that the codes were for other regions (i.e you could input a code in the UK for all the horrors on Japanese Netflix), but you are probably right.

No doubt it's been discussed on here already at some point but Money Heist is very, very good.
Started it a couple of days ago and seems very good. One slight annoyance is that the subtitles seem to come and go pretty quickly, might just be to do with Spanish being a faster spoken language than any of the Scandinavian languages (which are the usual subtitled programmes I watch).

Started it a couple of days ago and seems very good. One slight annoyance is that the subtitles seem to come and go pretty quickly, might just be to do with Spanish being a faster spoken language than any of the Scandinavian languages (which are the usual subtitled programmes I watch).
Just watch it dubbed.

One thing I've noticed with the subtitles is that they're happy to translate 'f**k' quite faithfully yet they won't translate 'hell', instead they have the characters going around saying 'what the heck?'.

13 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
13 hours ago, spud131 said:

Just watch it dubbed.

Absolutely do not do this.

In that case there’s very little point to them, other than historical showings. I was under the impression that the codes were for other regions (i.e you could input a code in the UK for all the horrors on Japanese Netflix), but you are probably right.
I think the point is so that you can get directly to categories that you're interested in, rather than having to scroll past what Netflix are pushing that day.

I've just finished money heist and the dubbing takes a lot of getting used to for some reason.

It is good though apart from a couple of bits that were massively unnecessary.

For my money Tokyo is a complete fanny.

17 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Just finished In The Tall Grass. It was alright, nothing special and a bit confusing at times. 6/10

It's definitely a bit on the too weird side at times but I managed to follow enough to stay invested in it, and I don't think you need more than the basics to enjoy the and get it.