Netflix

Biscuits

The excellent mindhunter is back for a second series on the 16th of August.

It's about the FBI in the seventies when they began to profile serial killers. This series is about the Atlanta child murders 

The Staircase

Seen this on Netflix for a while but never got round to watching it. Got through it over the weekend and thought it was superb.

Documentary series following the death of a woman and subsequent murder charge and trial of the husband.

The lawyer, David Rudolf, is appearing in Edinburgh this week as part of the fringe. The Mrs and I have tickets for the Saturday night.

Just watched "Forever Chape", a documentary about the Chapecoense plane crash, all in Portuguese with subtitles.

Was being filmed as part of a documentary about the club's rise before the accident so has a lot of footage of the celebrations, interviews with those who died in the crash etc. It's never really clear til later on whether the interview you are watching was filmed before or after the crash, and as they are not household names for us, it's not obvious which ones end up dying.

The interview with the air traffic controller in Medellin is particularly damming as she describes the gross negligence that led to the crash.

An upsetting but good watch, with a very nice ending, showing how the club has remarkably bounced back.

I've just finished mindhunter and it was excellent again, probably better than the first series. I would have liked more Ed Kemper and less of Wendy's relationship problems but minor quibbles. 

The BTK thing is picking up pace.