Netflix

Biscuits

23 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Finally got round to watching abducted in plain sight yesterday.

Fucked up does not quite cover that story.

If you cut it down to "I wanked off the man who shagged my wife and groomed and abducted my daughter", you'd swear it was a Daily Sport headline.

18 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

If you cut it down to "I wanked off the man who shagged my wife and groomed and abducted my daughter", you'd swear it was a Daily Sport headline.

Quite a surreal moment that in itself.

"He told me he desperately needed relieved...so I did it"

WHAT? WHY?

The Staircase

Seen this on Netflix for a while but never got round to watching it. Got through it over the weekend and thought it was superb.

Documentary series following the death of a woman and subsequent murder charge and trial of the husband.

I dunno how far along you are but if you find the ending a bit of a disappointment there's another thing on Netflix called 'the end of Evangelion' which is the originally planned cut before their studio intervened, it's much better.
I've heard this a lot, in fact it was mentioned on the original podcast that piqued my interest in the series. I'm only 10 episodes in though and frankly I've been stoned oot my face for every episode so i shouldn't think itll put me off too much

On 27/07/2019 at 21:04, Crroma said:

Neon Genesis Evangelion, Japanese animation from 1995, big robots and shit, watched the first 8 episodes this week and really enjoyed it

The Netflix dub is absolutely terrible. I rewatched it, having owned the entire series on VHS and then DVD, and still enjoyed it but the script wasn't great and the new voice cast are absolutely piss poor.

Definitely worth watching though. There's an alternative ending they released as a stand alone movie that kind of fits in between episode 25 and 26. Bits of it fit around episode 25 and bits of it provide a more fuller ending. I won't mention anything else to avoid spoilers. I'd probably advise watching the series episodes 25 and 26 and then the movie End of Evangelion.

Edited by BallochSonsFan

On 27/07/2019 at 21:15, MixuFixit said:

Another Life

New sci-fi thing, pretty good. Dark, unsentimental.

I've forced myself as far as episode 5. Pretty uninspiring stuff. The writing is terrible, the 2 main plot threads really aren't well connected and the stuff on earth isnt properly developed (so far). Performances are terrible and the characters are really poorly developed. It's difficult to actually care about any of them and thats a massive problem given that the show focuses so much on a handful of characters.

I've forced myself as far as episode 5. Pretty uninspiring stuff. The writing is terrible, the 2 main plot threads really aren't well connected and the stuff on earth isnt properly developed (so far). Performances are terrible and the characters are really poorly developed. It's difficult to actually care about any of them and thats a massive problem given that the show focuses so much on a handful of characters.

Lasted one episode. I won’t be back

Watched The Great Hack yesterday and thought it was excellent. Genuinely quite concerning. It makes you furious, less so at the folk manipulating the data but at the human race for becoming helpless, fucking robots. 

The producers of House of Cards must have had insider political knowledge - they had an almost identical storyline to Cambridge Analytica in season 4 or 5 which would have been before the 'data wars' blew up. It also seemed to pretty closely mirror real life events, shortly before they actually happened if I recall.

On 29/07/2019 at 20:49, Biscuits said:

Lasted one episode. I won’t be back

Making it as far as the second because of the plot, but I think it's my limit. Whoever thought it was a good idea to cast it with 30 year old hormonal teenagers they found in an amateur acting class should be shot. And chiseling frozen oxygen splinters out of a cave is going to be enough to keep them going? Oh, and the fucking script!

Edited by welshbairn

Making it as far as the second because of the plot, but I think it's my limit. Whoever thought it was a good idea to cast it with 30 year old hormonal teenagers they found in an amateur acting class should be shot. And chiseling frozen oxygen splinters out of a cave is going to be enough to keep them going? Oh, and the fucking script!

Not a fan then? [emoji23]