Netflix

Biscuits

I'm not sure whether this has been mention, but I'm watching a documentary called "The Dawn Wall" about two American rock-climbers attempting an ascent on El Capitan which was previously considered impossible. 

Cannot recommend it highly enough.

On 09/05/2019 at 18:04, JustOneCornetto said:

Started watching Dead to Me, four episodes in and really enjoying it with plenty of twists and turns.  Good cast with Christina Applegate, Linda Cardellini and James Marsden who was Teddy in Westworld.

Aye it's well good.  Marsden is Jack Lame from Anchorman 2 as well.  

Just finished The Lion's Share, about the family of the man who wrote The Lion Sleeps Tonight, and their search for unpaid royalties.  It's a fascinating documentary that doesn't end the way you'd expect at all.

On 4/25/2019 at 16:52, MixuFixit said:

Ken Burns' The Civil War is on Netflix, it is as all his stuff is, exceptional.

I've been watching the Ken Burns documentary on Vietnam which is incredible.  I'm really into history and the Vietnam war is one I knew a little about but certainly not enough.  The Civil War is similar so will go to that next.

On a negative note I watched a 2-parter on Netflix called Money Heist.  Its a Spanish film/show and its then badly dubbed into English.  Very noticeable and as a result of the language change a lot of the scenes are missing some kind of depth.  One of the worst things I've ever seen, I can't really turn something off after I've started it as I see it as giving up.  Watched the first episode which was about 50 mins, hating it from about 20 mins in.  Then the second part is only about 35 mins - got maybe 20 mins through it before deciding I didn't care what happened at the end and being forced to turn it off.

On a related note a guy from work has told me a way to access the entire Netflix catalogue - everything thats ever been on it.  PM for more details.

40 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

I've been watching the Ken Burns documentary on Vietnam which is incredible.  I'm really into history and the Vietnam war is one I knew a little about but certainly not enough.  The Civil War is similar so will go to that next.

On a negative note I watched a 2-parter on Netflix called Money Heist.  Its a Spanish film/show and its then badly dubbed into English.  Very noticeable and as a result of the language change a lot of the scenes are missing some kind of depth.  One of the worst things I've ever seen, I can't really turn something off after I've started it as I see it as giving up.  Watched the first episode which was about 50 mins, hating it from about 20 mins in.  Then the second part is only about 35 mins - got maybe 20 mins through it before deciding I didn't care what happened at the end and being forced to turn it off.

On a related note a guy from work has told me a way to access the entire Netflix catalogue - everything thats ever been on it.  PM for more details.

Also from the Ken Burns stable is the excellent The War. This mini series covers the American involvement in the '39-'45 conflict from a 'small town America' perspective which works really well.

15 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Money Heist was superb but can't be watched it in the dubbed English rather than the original Spanish with subtitles. It was recommended to me and I watched the dubbed version for 10 minutes and hated it.

I watched it over 2 seasons with about 8/10 episodes in each - just seen that they call each season a part. 

2 hours ago, Saigon Raider said:

Money Heist was superb but can't be watched it in the dubbed English rather than the original Spanish with subtitles. It was recommended to me and I watched the dubbed version for 10 minutes and hated it.

I watched it over 2 seasons with about 8/10 episodes in each - just seen that they call each season a part. 

Aye I read that it won loads of awards but the dubbed version missed big chunks out.  

On 22/05/2019 at 23:17, Dindeleux said:

Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Meh. So not everything thats ever been on then, just whats currently available in your region but easier to find
It may be something different, I've just assumed it's what you think it is because it's basically a list of codes. Even if it is just what's there it's certainly handy. I live Netflix but the fact a lot of their stuff is hidden unless you type it in, is easily it's biggest downfall.

It may be something different, I've just assumed it's what you think it is because it's basically a list of codes. Even if it is just what's there it's certainly handy. I live Netflix but the fact a lot of their stuff is hidden unless you type it in, is easily it's biggest downfall.

Meh. So not everything thats ever been on then, just whats currently available in your region but easier to find

Also curious

Eta - is it the different genre/category codes?

With your technical knowledge Mr X I’d assume you are correct.

Hi mate tried to pm you but not working. Fancy giving me a message to talk me through it