Netflix

Biscuits

I’m amazed that anyone thinks Lunatics is anything other than terrible. I turned off the first episode the other night, but decided to persevere and put the second one when I got in from work earlier.

Nut.

I’m amazed that anyone thinks Lunatics is anything other than terrible. I turned off the first episode the other night, but decided to persevere and put the second one when I got in from work earlier.

Nut.

Persevere until the end myself, there was a few skits on that I enjoyed, but the shite outweighed the good.

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
8 hours ago, TheScarf said:
Santa Clarita Diet has been dropped apparently.  No more of the very MILF-y Drew Barrymore.

See my minor Heads Gone a few posts back.

I'm fucking raging too.

I'm convinced TV commissioning people are the world's biggest trolls.

I think Chris Lilley is a bit of a marmite (vegemite?) character, I've never been able to stick him.

I loved him in Summer Heights High and We can be Heroes, but I just didn’t find any of the characters funny at all in this.

Such a shame as I was so excited for this coming on.

53 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'm fucking raging too.

I'm convinced TV commissioning people are the world's biggest trolls.

As always, it's down to the number of viewers. They'd keep it on if they could justify it. In this case, the viewership isn't there to do so.

As always, it's down to the number of viewers. They'd keep it on if they could justify it. In this case, the viewership isn't there to do so.
I don't understand it though. It's a Netflix exclusive. Folk with Netflix will either watch it or they won't. I wouldn't think viewing numbers would matter.

I'm doing a terrible job of articulating it but eg. If Netflix has 100 members paying a monthly subscription and only 20 watch SCD, I don't see how it matters as they are still receiving their monthly subscription from the other 80.

21 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I don't understand it though. It's a Netflix exclusive. Folk with Netflix will either watch it or they won't. I wouldn't think viewing numbers would matter.

I'm doing a terrible job of articulating it but eg. If Netflix has 100 members paying a monthly subscription and only 20 watch SCD, I don't see how it matters as they are still receiving their monthly subscription from the other 80.

Yeah but they'd prefer 100 people watching and talking about it as it might attract another 100 to sign up and watch it 

20 watching it is less chance of word of mouth going about

5 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I've been watching Line of Duty from scratch since I've never seen it before.

Through the first 2 series, and can't stop watching. Not wanting to post on or read the thread here in case I spoil it for myself!

Exactly the same although I’ve just finished the third series in about a weeks time. Had been told off numerous people to watch it but never did as I didn’t think it would be up to much but it’s excellent TV. Love the scenes where they are all over someone in the interview room, and Hastings wee one liners as well. 

Watched quite an interesting - and frightening - documentary about the November 13 attacks on Paris. It’s not a fun watch, but it’s affecting. There’s a moment where you can see Patrice Evra hear a bomb while he’s on the ball, and go “what the hell was that?”.

Exactly the same although I’ve just finished the third series in about a weeks time. Had been told off numerous people to watch it but never did as I didn’t think it would be up to much but it’s excellent TV. Love the scenes where they are all over someone in the interview room, and Hastings wee one liners as well. 
End of season 3 is one of the best things I've seen on TV and the pinnacle of the entire series but it's definitely worth watching to the end, enjoy!