Netflix

Biscuits

On ‎27‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 18:37, Savage Henry said:

Watched a documentary called The Miami Showband Massacre, about a cross-Irish band that was the victim of an MI5 plot. Pretty fascinating stuff.

watched this as well...scary stuff. I'd actually heard about this ages ago on some Irsih music doc but just thought it was a 'wrong place at wrong time' situation. Hweoever didn't realise how deep rooted it all was....recommended watch.

5 hours ago, GrahamJags said:

Been watching the animated series of Trailer Park Boys. Was initially skeptical, but its fantastic.

Clicked on this thread to post the same thing, the sight of Ricky falling over will never be as funny in cartoon form as it is in the real life but I'm still enjoying this so far. Good to see/hear Nathan MacKinnon in it again, I wonder how many footballers would go near a show like that. 

Started TPB the other day. It reminded me of South Park when they killed off Chef. It's very obvious they're using archive footage of the late great John Dunsworth but I'm glad they've done it and it's nice he's still involved.

Started Ultraman as I can't resist japanese robots but was disappointed to find out it was animated in 3D in a bizarre cel shaded/rotoscoped looking style. More than this it had a really jarring framerate, I could see the individual steps in the animation. Binned after 2 minutes.
Give Love, Death and Robots a go. Short sharp episodes but some are in the style you like.

Half way through 2nd Series of The OA which is about experiments trying to reach other dimensions. Jason Isaacs is good as the mad scientist and while 1st Series was pretty weird this one ramps up the weirdness including a giant talking octopus.  
Several pints of Stella takes me to other dimensions!!

On 4/7/2019 at 17:55, Dele said:

The legend of cocaine island. No idea how somebody could be so stupidly naive, takes a while to get into but when it does.. amazing. Bewildering. Recommend watching it.

I agree with most of this but I found it quite engaging from the start. I wasn’t sure if I was watching a spoof for a while and despite you can see the twist coming from a mile away, it was still well worth 90 minutes of my time. 

Black '47. 

Excellent.  It's bleak and grim and most definitely not rom-com.  James Frencheville (an actor I'd never heard of until  this film)  comes back to Ireland during the potato famine after fighting abroad  for the British. He's not too happy about the way his family were treated while he was away, and, vigilante style, he evens the score.  Understated but powerful at the same time. 

Edited by oldbitterandgrumpy

Anyone watched Santa Clarita diet?
Started lastnight. 30 minute episodes, bit silly but some decent humour in it.
Just finished Season 3 of Santa Clarita Diet.
Still enjoying it, still love Drew Barrymore.

It's excellent. Very subtle humour which is a pleasant surprise with an American comedy. It's not side splitting funny but it has enough small laughs throughout to keep you going. It's actually quite a good drama at the same time. The story is interesting and has plenty of twists throughout. Plus Drew Barrymore is the ultimate MILF.