Netflix

Biscuits

Mindhunter and Unabomber are two of my favourite things on netflix.

Watched slasher.... first series was decent second not so much

Mindhunter has won me over somewhat. It’s a family friendly version of Hannibal, but it really could do without the attempts at humour.

The amateur psychoanalysis is a bit grating though.

Looking for recommendations to watch now. I’ve the attention span of an easily distracted goldfish though.

Fyre and Abducted in Plain Sight were a good laugh. 

Stumbled across Pacific Heat (big fan of Archer) and while it got hammered in the reviews but I really enjoyed it. Nothing like Archer at all in the end - 20 minute episodes help too. 

2 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Looking for recommendations to watch now. I’ve the attention span of an easily distracted goldfish though.

Stumbled across Pacific Heat (big fan of Archer) and while it got hammered in the reviews but I really enjoyed it. Nothing like Archer at all in the end - 20 minute episodes help too. 

I watched the film Io the other day.

Twas an ok way to pass 90 mins, if you're into Sci-Fi 

Has anyone seen High Flying Bird? Preferably anyone who has an interest in basketball.
I don't give a f**k about the sport and the image rights surrounding it, which I think might've been why I didn't enjoy it. All the characters out with the lead were a bit one-note and there was a really, really strange approach to the slavery angle. They make reference to slavery away from the central conflict so often that it can't really be considered a metaphor, but I don't recall them overtly saying that the situation is akin to slavery. I could've just misunderstood what they were trying to do, but whatever they did was off-putting to me.
I'm pretty sure this is the first feature I've seen filmed entirely on a phone. The lens was constantly wide which can obviously work well, but not in something set almost entirely in small rooms. I'm not sure if this was due to being on a phone, but the deep focus gave a sense of activity away from the central action which was handy in portraying an active world, but a bit distracting given it's a dialogue-heavy film. Conversations were packed with vital details but my eyes were wandering to something happening in the background.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is not only the best thing on Netflix, it's the best comedy series of all time B)

Trailer Park Boys is also superb.

Just watched a few episodes of Dirty John . True story of some mad bint married to a nutter not bad so far. .. Connie Neilson and Juno Temple in it so a couple of Wids raise the rating
Did you watch You? Apparently it's similar. I enjoyed You so will give it a go if that's the case. Though Connie Britton being in it is enough for me to tune in.

40 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, wellinwigan said:
Just watched a few episodes of Dirty John . True story of some mad bint married to a nutter not bad so far. .. Connie Neilson and Juno Temple in it so a couple of Wids raise the rating

Did you watch You? Apparently it's similar. I enjoyed You so will give it a go if that's the case. Though Connie Britton being in it is enough for me to tune in.

Not watched You yet will start that over weekend

On 15/02/2019 at 17:38, 19QOS19 said:

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is not only the best thing on Netflix, it's the best comedy series of all time B)

Trailer Park Boys is also superb.

Big fan of Always Sunny - although the latter seasons weren’t great. Not sure about it being the best of all time mind you!