Netflix

Biscuits

Slightly late to the Haunting of Hill House chat, me and the good lady started watching it on Saturday night, watched a couple last night as well.

Got to say, its absolutely terrific, the story is so gripping and I feared it could have been lost with the constant going back and forward years but its so well written and produced that its seamless.

Some of the anticipation of scares as others have mentioned are great and *SPOILER* that Nell story is amazing, watched the episode last night that shows what happened when she goes back to the house.

Really enjoying it.

I’m enjoying Haunting on House Hill but I find that I’m too on edge too often which is stopping me from enjoying it to the full. When you watch a film and have 90 minutes of scary moments it’s okay but if it’s over 10 episodes it gets quite stressful constantly wondering if something is about to make me jump.

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

I’m enjoying Haunting on House Hill but I find that I’m too on edge too often which is stopping me from enjoying it to the full. When you watch a film and have 90 minutes of scary moments it’s okay but if it’s over 10 episodes it gets quite stressful constantly wondering if something is about to make me jump.

Boo!

3 hours ago, throbber said:

I’m really not looking forward to episode 8!

Running time = 43 mins

OMFG bit = 5 seconds (tops)*

Total scariness quotient = 0.001938% of the total episode.

Just chill and enjoy it, @throbber.

*time until your heart goes back to normal rhythm = 4 or 5 days.

Running time = 43 mins
OMFG bit = 5 seconds (tops)*
Total scariness quotient = 0.001938% of the total episode.
Just chill and enjoy it, [mention=40259]throbber[/mention].

*time until your heart goes back to normal rhythm = 4 or 5 days.

There haven’t been any bits that were that jumpy so far I was just on edge with it all. The way the camera was quickly moving back and forth between the characters faces in episode 6 had me totally certain there was going to be a creepy AF ghost face coming out of nowhere at any second which made me miss out on a lot of the dialogue. I’ll relax when I watch it all back a second time!

I genuinely think that’s the biggest fright I’ve had watching a tv program/film. I genuinely shouted “oh ya c**t”. My heart was fuckin racing.
I've never in my life shouted/screamed at a horror film until that scene [emoji38]