Netflix

Biscuits

Like a few others, found Travels with my father very entertaining. Michael is brilliant, a lot of it must be put on, but there have been a few times when I felt close to tears with laughter. Preferred the first series to the second. 

Image result for travels with my father

When the child comes up to him and starts hitting him, and he told him to "f**k off", tremendous. 

After finishing that, moved onto Dark Tourist, which is presented by David Farrier. Find him to be a bit like Louis Thereoux. Going round different countries exploring "extreme travel" A good watch, the Japan episode is very interesting, the Aokigahara forest part is very strange, or put correctly the people he meets are very strange. 

29 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
On 13/10/2018 at 21:02, LiviLion said:
Finished The Staircase a couple days ago. Really enjoyed and still couldn't make my mind up by the end of it.

really enjoyed but cant make your mind up?

Can't make my mind up about whether or not he done it, should have made that clearer :lol:

Edited by LiviLion

Watched The Titan, as a review I’d say save yourself an hour and 1/2 and don’t bother.

It starts well enough and has a reasonable premise, unfortunately by half way through it is has ditched most in the secondary characters and fallen into a tremendous amount of sci-fi cliches. I actually think it would have been better if they had made into a TV series and built up the characters (I would say more but in truth they were almost all personality voids).

I've just finished Haunting of Hill House. Ep6 was a cracking episode of TV, there was a point in Ep8 where I nearly shat myself on the couch 

Spoiler

When Theo and Shirley were arguing in the car, and the ghost appeared between them from the back seat.

I actually hope they don't do a season 2. It's been really, really good, and if rather remember it that way.

Here to add my love of Haunting of Hill House. Excellent stuff. Some of the directing and writing was absolutely brilliant. Episode 6 probably being the best example. There was one scene where it was massive take. Having checked IMDb it states it was for about 15 minutes. Excellent stuff from the actors and director there.

It was a great psychological horror as well. How often were you waiting for something scary to happen and it never actually came? That to me showed how gripping it was that you were never at ease. The number of times it looped back on itself was excellent as well.

Episode 8 did indeed have a belter of a moment and I won't lie, I screamed out loud [emoji38]

I hope they don't make a sequel with these characters but I feel with it being so successful Netflix will push for one. I think we may well get one and it could possibly be a completely different story; perhaps from another of Stevie's novels.

Kate Siegal is an absolute babe and the writer/director of the show is her husband, the jammy b*****d.

not getting the love for haunting of hill house. just finished the first episode after the glowing feedback on here. will watch another few episodes and see if my interest increases.

sacked prison break after the end of season 2. got really poor and a struggle to watch.

anyone got any other programmes worth trying next? the missus is away next week so will have plenty uninterrupted tv time. a whole week of no soaps!