Netflix

Biscuits

3 hours ago, Co.Down Hibee said:

The 10 part documentary on Vietnam which was on terrestrial last year is being shown on Netflix now, I'm watching it again, pretty much the best war doc. I've ever seen.

Don't know if it's on Netflix , but , his American Civil War is even better. 

Just checked and it's on Netflix along with A couple of other Ken Burns docs

Edited by saint dave
Update

The 10 part documentary on Vietnam which was on terrestrial last year is being shown on Netflix now, I'm watching it again, pretty much the best war doc. I've ever seen.
This was on my list today watch after finishing the ww2 on colour. I thought I knew a lots about ww2 but I didn't really. I know nothing about Vietnam other than the average age of the soldiers, obviously.

Don't know if it's on Netflix , but , his American Civil War is even better. 

Just checked and it's on Netflix along with A couple of other Ken Burns docs

His doc about Theodore and Franklin Roosevelt is excellent.

Started Dark Tourist as well. 3 episodes in. Very interesting stuff. Some notes so far:-

- I find the presenter a bit annoying and can't put my finger on why.

- Thought the religious group in Mexico who were trying to cure people from the angel of death clearly put something in that liquid. And as a result I found it quite disturbing. She was sitting minding her own business and they only approached her because she had a tattoo. They then (IMO) poison her and she's in visible pain which they put down to "possession". Shocking stuff.

- Pretty worrying that the Japanese government are saying some of those places are safe to live. The young girl on the tour was a fucking cow though and the world will be a better place if the radiation fucks up her reproductive organs.

- Yanks are batshit crazy. Actually believing they are Vampires ffs. Can't believe at no point he questioned how they could walk around in daylight. Morons.

Started Dark Tourist as well. 3 episodes in. Very interesting stuff. Some notes so far:-

- I find the presenter a bit annoying and can't put my finger on why.

- Thought the religious group in Mexico who were trying to cure people from the angel of death clearly put something in that liquid. And as a result I found it quite disturbing. She was sitting minding her own business and they only approached her because she had a tattoo. They then (IMO) poison her and she's in visible pain which they put down to "possession". Shocking stuff.

- Pretty worrying that the Japanese government are saying some of those places are safe to live. The young girl on the tour was a fucking cow though and the world will be a better place if the radiation fucks up her reproductive organs.

- Yanks are batshit crazy. Actually believing they are Vampires ffs. Can't believe at no point he questioned how they could walk around in daylight. Morons.

Watched this as well, was watching the Japan one late at night and had to switch it off before the end because the suicide forest bit was creeping me the f**k out :lol: thought it was really good though, hopefully get a second series.

Watched The OA which gets all metaphysical and is a bit daft at times, especially 'the movements', but it's strangely compelling and Jason Isaacs is very good in the role of the mad scientist. It finished leaving you wondering what the truth was and I'm looking forward to Season 2.

Surviving Escobar is a decent watch, not as good as Narcos or El Chapo but pretty good,some cracking looking senoritas in it....only thing is it's 60 episodes long ffs so a few breaks between episodes is advisable.

Just finished the 60th but did it over a year. Good to follow on after Narcos. JJ wife was top drawer.

Just finished watching Dark. Thought it was excellent and glad to see they're going to make another series.

Watched the first 2 episodes last night based on this recommendation, really enjoying it.

Finished watching staircase the night before and it dragged on to the point I didn’t care anymore and paid little attention to what was going on