The Easily Movable Object vs The Entirely Stoppable Force

Looking for somewhere since away fans aren't welcome in your club.

It's not as simple as "away fans aren't welcome".

It's been highlighted numerous times it's a health and safety thing. The only toilets available are within the home end concourse. The only way around it would be building new toilets within the bar area or having zero segregation in place, closing the away end and having all fans in the home end which only tends to happen at smaller friendlies or the likes.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not as simple as "away fans aren't welcome".

It's been highlighted numerous times it's a health and safety thing. The only toilets available are within the home end concourse. The only way around it would be building new toilets within the bar area or having zero segregation in place, closing the away end and having all fans in the home end which only tends to happen at smaller friendlies or the likes.

Sorry if I was misunderstood there. By "club" I meant the social club bar area not the football club (although we have had issues with stewards in the past). Since I expect around 30 Brechin fans at tonight's game, I find segregation plans unnecessary. We have no segregation in place for most of our games and fans of both teams are welcome in the City Club bar before and after the game.

My original question hasn't been answered though. Is the bowling club open?

20 minutes ago, RedintheBed said:

Sorry if I was misunderstood there. By "club" I meant the social club bar area not the football club (although we have had issues with stewards in the past). Since I expect around 30 Brechin fans at tonight's game, I find segregation plans unnecessary. We have no segregation in place for most of our games and fans of both teams are welcome in the City Club bar before and after the game.

Probably best phoning them - 01389 732820

Dfc might not open the away end at all. They've done that already this season so the supporters bar / segregation issue would be removed.

Dfc might not open the away end at all. They've done that already this season so the supporters bar / segregation issue would be removed.

I'd be fairly surprised if we didn't open the away end. I've seen it happening the very odd cup game and friendly but I'm struggling to remember the last time we operated like that for a league game.

It would probably make more sense to do that but I hope we don't. There's something odd about it unless you're in a ground with terracing.

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I'd be fairly surprised if we didn't open the away end. I've seen it happening the very odd cup game and friendly but I'm struggling to remember the last time we operated like that for a league game.

It would probably make more sense to do that but I hope we don't. There's something odd about it unless you're in a ground with terracing.

It would really upset your stewards if the away end wasn't opened.   They love trying to make the away fans' feel as uncomfortable and as unwelcome as possible. 

It would really upset your stewards if the away end wasn't opened.   They love trying to make the away fans' feel as uncomfortable and as unwelcome as possible. 

That's odd. Brechin must be the only fans who have been made to feel that way for the last 7 or 8 years. I remember issues around then but I can't remember the last time I heard a complaint raised about them since.

At least you wont need to worry about being bitten by one of them so that's a bonus.

That's odd. Brechin must be the only fans who have been made to feel that way for the last 7 or 8 years. I remember issues around then but I can't remember the last time I heard a complaint raised about them since.

At least you wont need to worry about being bitten by one of them so that's a bonus.

Too busy upsetting our own fans just now

It's clear these Brechin fans are absolute hooligans. Every other Championship club come and go without issue yet the Brechin fans force our hard working stewards into action. They were also the only team to greet about not getting a plate of sandwiches after the game, personally I would let them find their own changing rooms tonight and force the 30 fans to scale the castle wall if they want a view of the pitch, our club could do without the bother of dealing with them.

20 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

That was probably the last time I was there and one of the reasons I won't go back.  

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It's clear these Brechin fans are absolute hooligans. Every other Championship club come and go without issue yet the Brechin fans force our hard working stewards into action. They were also the only team to greet about not getting a plate of sandwiches after the game, personally I would let them find their own changing rooms tonight and force the 30 fans to scale the castle wall if they want a view of the pitch, our club could do without the bother of dealing with them.

f**k, even Morton give the players sandwiches after the game  not to mention hot water ! 

2 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

That was probably the last time I was there and one of the reasons I won't go back.  

What are the others?  I'm keeping a list of all the reasons people won't visit us and it's been a while since I've been able to add to it.

Just now, theoriginalhedge said:

f**k, even Morton give the players sandwiches after the game  not to mention hot water ! 

The lack of hot water was down to one your own dafty squad turning the switch in the dressing room off. And I couldn't give a f**k if Morton gave each of your squad their hole.

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

The quality of food on offer at East End post-match was on of Jim McInally's reasons for his teams 3 red card meltdown at East End a few years back. 

Just now, The Moonster said:

What are the others?  I'm keeping a list of all the reasons people won't visit us and it's been a while since I've been able to add to it.

A  cold , soulless stadium 

Having a social club which is basically unsociable . ( mentioned before) 

Paying £20 to sit in that cold soulless environment. 

Just now, theoriginalhedge said:

A  cold , soulless stadium 

Having a social club which is basically unsociable . ( mentioned before) 

Paying £20 to sit in that cold soulless environment. 

Could you give me an example of a soulful stadium? I mean, we play plenty of Bill Withers, if that's not soul then I don't know what is.

Unfortunately all of those reasons are already on my list.  I will however add "I'm so bitter that I hold a grudge against your stewards for 8 years" to the list though.

Archived