The Easily Movable Object vs The Entirely Stoppable Force

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

A game that should really have both sets of fans looking forward to taking home 3 points but instead, nobody really gives a shit. I imagine our pitch will be a bit of a state after the weekend, so the free flowing football of each side may be hampered.  It would be nice if we could field some players in their preferred positions. It would also be nice if some of those players scored some goals. Might be asking too much there.

I predict a 0-0 played in front of 298 people.

:lol: Best title I've seen for a while.

Realistically if we can't score against a side without a single point away from home then we deserved relegated on the spot. Hopefully Stevie realises this and just goes for it. Plenty of free-flowing attacking football and this team (unless Dowser makes a miracle recovery).

Scott Gallacher

Sam Wardrop Craig Barr Dougie Hill Liam Dick

Kyle Hutton Stuart Carswell

Liam Burt Dimitris Froxylias Andy Stirling

Mark Stewart

Look at that front four. It looks really decent. Big Kyle Hutton playing like Xabi Alonso, and Carsy attempting roulette backheels again in behind would be cool too. Wardrop firing forward, Mango and Dill smashing everything that moves and Liam Dick occasionally finding a teammate with a pass and we're in dreamland.

Spoiler

0-1 - Header from a corner. Attendance 317 - boosted slightly by folk buying cup final tickets.

Brilliant thread title :thumsup2:lol:

Could be a monumental game for either club.

Best chance for Dumbarton to score for the first time since Methuselah was a boy, and for Brechin to get their first win of the season. Saying that, I wouldn't bet on either of those outcomes. More likely to be a case of two tricky defences holding out against two useless attacks and ending up with a no scoring draw as neither can find their way into the opposition 18 yard box

9 minutes ago, DXBBud said:

Brilliant thread title :thumsup2:lol:

Could be a monumental game for either club.

Best chance for Dumbarton to score for the first time since Methuselah was a boy, and for Brechin to get their first win of the season. Saying that, I wouldn't bet on either of those outcomes. More likely to be a case of two tricky defences holding out against two useless attacks and ending up with a no scoring draw as neither can find their way into the opposition 18 yard box

10/1 for a 0-0 draw. That seems ridiculously huge considering the state of both teams. 10/3 just for the draw. I reckon I'll be having a nibble on that.

1 minute ago, theycallmetrinity said:

What's the chances for tomorrow?

The park took a battering on Saturday, but I don't think it rained yesterday, and it's apparently meant to be dry all week - so I think we should be ok. Might not be pretty, but I reckon it'll be playable.

G Gal and Walsh out. Dowie a doubt, but Chis McLaughlin could make the squad.

A big fan of Aitken but even a hint of a defensive minded line up is a sackable offence here

I’d go with:-

Gallagher

Wardrop, Dowie, Barr, Dick

Hutton, Carswell

Froxy, Stewart, Stirling

Nade

If Burt is fit enough to start I’d consider swapping him for Nade and putting Stewart up front.

2 hours ago, RedintheBed said:

Will the bowling club be open for a pint tonight before the game? Looking for somewhere since away fans aren't welcome in your club.

Not sure about the bowling club but the Stags Head at Dumbarton East train station is probably your next best bet.

2 hours ago, RedintheBed said:

Will the bowling club be open for a pint tonight before the game? Looking for somewhere since away fans aren't welcome in your club.

Not strictly true...away fans are very welcome but those in charge don't permit them entry to the Community Suite bar facilities.  The point has been raised, I can assure you.

Archived