The Easily Movable Object vs The Entirely Stoppable Force

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry guys wasn't to be, Need to watch what I'm saying but there was small part of the pitch that the ref didn't like and it was called off because of this. There are no puddles on the pitch it was because that bit was too soft in the refs eyes. Cameron2000 no easy fix at this time of year apart from verti draining it. Won't be my park until next season. 

17 minutes ago, Dumbarton Rock said:

Only one part of it. From the touchline to about 35yds out it's solid in both halves. When I was there before it was the same bits. Serious problems with the drainage in these bits which isn't an easy or cheap fix. 

Just adds extra impetus into the YF move.Would i be  wrong in saying that the problem will only get worse?Or even extend to other parts of the pitch?

1 minute ago, lorenzo71 said:

Just adds extra impetus into the YF move.Would i be  wrong in saying that the problem will only get worse?Or even extend to other parts of the pitch?

I wouldn't say it's any worse than it was a couple of years ago. But when you get this volume of rain it takes forever to dry out.

57 minutes ago, Dumbarton Rock said:

Sorry guys wasn't to be, Need to watch what I'm saying but there was small part of the pitch that the ref didn't like and it was called off because of this. There are no puddles on the pitch it was because that bit was too soft in the refs eyes. Cameron2000 no easy fix at this time of year apart from verti draining it. Won't be my park until next season. 

Looking forward to us strolling to the the League 1 title with some champagne football on the bowling green surface 8)

Anyway, that's a pest. I left for football this morning and didn't think for a minute there'd be an inspection. We've got a real potential backlog coming up, with this, ICT, Morton and Dundee United all on Tuesday nights in the not too far future. Hopefully next week is settled in 90 minutes.

Its a real blow having this off as the players need a game every week without cramming loads of midweek games.Things conspiring against us just now.Hope we can at least have some cheer in the cups.

Normally I would tend to agree with you, but this will give us extra time to get some very important players fit.

Archived