Genuinely awful cold meat.

PB 4.2

Like or no like  

121 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mustard or Branston pickle, surely, not both?
I could take it with either, probably prfer mustard.
I was never that keen on salmon paste, but would certainly choose it before chicken paste
no mustard and pickle together. has to be Coleman's mustard or similar english mustard. not that cheap american stuff

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:
I was never that keen on salmon paste, but would certainly choose it before chicken paste

no mustard and pickle together. has to be Coleman's mustard or similar english mustard. not that cheap american stuff

Hmmmm, I'll maybe give it a try.

58 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Dijon is the king of mustard.

anyone any thoughts on cold fish? not so much tuna or salmon as they are fairly standard.

i love tinned mackerel in tomato sauce. get them for about 39p in aldi and are great straight out the can for lunch.

9 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I just ate 2 Wall's Scotch Eggs...

5ab030a72b944_WallsScotchEggs-z7ji__width_900__height_900__zoomcrop_none__bgcolour_FFF.jpg.b2dfd93ea4fac3205fe68206da03a5c9.jpg

They were pretty fucking rank if truth be told...

Cheap ones aren't great, but some of the best times in my life have involved scotch eggs. Black pudding or haggis ones are even better than sausage

9 hours ago, ah-dee said:

anyone any thoughts on cold fish? not so much tuna or salmon as they are fairly standard.

i love tinned mackerel in tomato sauce. get them for about 39p in aldi and are great straight out the can for lunch.

I like them, but can't have them due to a couple of dafties with fish allergies causing so much fuss that it's all been banned.

Think the closest thing we have to luncheon meet in Australia is Fritz (SA & parts of NSW) or Devon (most of NSW, VIC, QLD, TAS) or Polony (WA) Bung (TAS), Windsor Sausage (QLD), some places even call it Belgium but probably only on a Tuesday. Be thankful you only have to worry about Lorne, Square or Slice.

Is potted hough still made?

I just ate 2 Wall's Scotch Eggs...
5ab030a72b944_WallsScotchEggs-z7ji__width_900__height_900__zoomcrop_none__bgcolour_FFF.jpg.b2dfd93ea4fac3205fe68206da03a5c9.jpg
They were pretty fucking rank if truth be told...

Sainsburys do tremendous scotch eggs, which in a radical development, are made using wholemeal breadcrumb as opposed to the traditional white.

47 minutes ago, Estragon said:

It actually saddens me that some of you are eating chopped pork in 2018.

It has two of the main food groups, salt and fat. Stick that in 4 crispy, buttered rolls and your only a packet of crisps, a mars bar and a can of coke away from lunch. 

Good pastrami is difficult to get. We really need better delis in the UK.

Love a sandwich on either pastrami or corned beef with swiss cheese, pickles, mustard and sauerkraut.

Piece on chopped pork and chutney toasted is also tasty.

Salami is cracking too - german salami, swiss cheese, pickles and garlic mayo.

Something else that I'm surprised has never really caught on here - Currywurst. Absolutely brilliant German drunken scran. Sausages, spicy tomato sauce, curry powder and either a bread roll or some chips to dip. Would absolutely love a proper American or Jewish deli and a German currywurst outlet (preferably also stocking Mezzo Mix)

On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 18:12, ah-dee said:
On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 17:12, Jacksgranda said:

Tried it today - not overwhelmed with it, but would definitely try it again. 7/10

Archived