Aberdeen vs Dundee FC

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No Moussa, no El Bak and no O’Dea for me I’m afraid.  

Moussa is the only attacker in our team who can actually hold the ball for more than half a second. Murrays second touch is a tackle and AJ is lucky if he even gets a touch.

Moussa is the only attacker in our team who can actually hold the ball for more than half a second. Murrays second touch is a tackle and AJ is lucky if he even gets a touch.

Disagree re Murray. His touch is better than he gets credit for.

Moussa is shit but so are the rest of the options.

25 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

Parish 

Kerr kusunga caulker jon 

Kamara mcgowan 

Curran Murray Deacon 

Moussa 

And CW on the bench to nip on with 5mins to go and sneek the winner 

This would be my choice of team. 

21 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Surely we all agree by now that Moussa is not capable of scoring from open play at this level.  Who is it that Moussa is meant to be good at holding the ball up for?  We have a midfield that is extremely poor at supporting any attack.  It hasn’t worked out all season and we are fast approaching April.  Why continue with the same way of thinking?

IMO Murray does have a better touch, he’s faster and he can score.  The only hope we have is to pack out the midfield and battle to get the long ball over the top to Murray.   We do not have any other credible attacking options as far as I can see.

Edited to say:  Moussa and AJ are so bad I would still seriously consider playing Waddell up front.

Surely we all agree by now that Moussa is not capable of scoring from open play at this level.  Who is it that Moussa is meant to be good at holding the ball up for?  We have a midfield that is extremely poor at supporting any attack.  It hasn’t worked out all season and we are fast approaching April.  Why continue with the same way of thinking?

IMO Murray does have a better touch, he’s faster and he can score.  The only hope we have is to pack out the midfield and battle to get the long ball over the top to Murray.   We do not have any other credible attacking options as far as I can see.

Edited to say:  Moussa and AJ are so bad I would still seriously consider playing Waddell up front.

The people wanting a partnership of Murray and AJ got their wish on Saturday and it was a fucking disaster. We couldn't get the ball out of our own half until Moussa came on.

We're gonna spend the majority of the game on Saturday camped in our own half most likely so we need an out ball. Murray and AJ both proved they can't do that.

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

The people wanting a partnership of Murray and AJ got their wish on Saturday and it was a fucking disaster. We couldn't get the ball out of our own half until Moussa came on.

We're gonna spend the majority of the game on Saturday camped in our own half most likely so we need an out ball. Murray and AJ both proved they can't do that.

The shite midfield was more to blame. IMO.

2 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I think that’s unfair on Murray.  He was constantly indicating he wanted the ball played over the top but that type of ball was rarely delivered.   Of course McCann has made it perfectly clear he doesn’t want the long ball over the top which begs the question why he went for Murray.

Murray is a limited striker but at least he is a striker who will get goals if he gets the right kind of balls played to him. The only thing that makes Moussa a striker is he plays where a striker would usually play.

I think that’s unfair on Murray.  He was constantly indicating he wanted the ball played over the top but that type of ball was rarely delivered.   Of course McCann has made it perfectly clear he doesn’t want the long ball over the top which begs the question why he went for Murray.
Murray is a limited striker but at least he is a striker who will get goals if he gets the right kind of balls played to him. The only thing that makes Moussa a striker is he plays where a striker would usually play.

I agree that Murray is our best goal scoring threat - I don't think any Dundee fans would disagree. The point I'm making about Moussa though is for this game in particular.

My thinking behind the team I posted with Moussa as the sole striker is that we sit back and try to hit on the break. We've been getting cut open far too easy recently and early on in games so important that we're solid at the back before we go looking for goal on Saturday.

If that all goes to plan then we can start thinking about brining boys like Murray on to try and grab a goal. A point on Saturday would be massive given how bad things have been going recently.

Just now, RossDee01 said:

I agree that Murray is our best goal scoring threat - I don't think any Dundee fans would disagree. The point I'm making about Moussa though is for this game in particular.

My thinking behind the team I posted with Moussa as the sole striker is that we sit back and try to hit on the break. We've been getting cut open far too easy recently and early on in games so important that we're solid at the back before we go looking for goal on Saturday.

If that all goes to plan then we can start thinking about brining boys like Murray on to try and grab a goal. A point on Saturday would be massive given how bad things have been going recently.

OK, yeh I get your thinking for this game.  I just think our midfield is too slow to support an attack hence why I was thinking more sitting back with the long ball over the top to Murray.  

Couldn’t agree more with your last sentence though.

This.

I’d even permit O’Hara to play in a 5 Man midfield as he’s the best midfielder we have at supporting the lone striker.

McGinn played the full 120 minutes on Tuesday and has looked a bit jaded in recent weeks, so I wouldn't be opposed to resting him here. Christie also hasn't been at his best, and benching him could allow for Nwakali to get some more minutes and also for McLean to start in a more advanced position. McGinn's absence could pave the way for a Stewart reprieve, however, which is maybe just a recipe for more lumbering uselessness. 

Archived