QOS V League Leaders

13 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Correct. I was with someone at their first game today and he asked me who our best player was. I was actually stumped. Excluding Dobbie we don't have any stand-out player in our team. Lyle edged it for me. Thomas is probably the best we have but isn't 'ours' obviously.

Since he been at the club I been a fan of Marshall. He has more solid games than bad ones by far. 

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Flash
9 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

It would also be interesting to see how this season’s budget compares to the one Gus had.

Given that we almost went bust just before Gus was appointed and that the prize money in the Championship is much higher than it was in the SFL, I imagine the budget this season is a lot higher than it was then. 

2 hours ago, NOTS said:

So only 852 home supporters. Worrying times indeed.

That must be our lowest home crowd for a match at this level this century. I suppose it is possible that a game live on Alba, or a meaningless midweek one, might have had less, but I can’t think of any.

4 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

No idea where this number Arch Stanton has quoted appeared from. Still to collate the crowd split but the total St Mirren support was under 1000.

Home crowd was undeniably disappointing though.

Maybe the stats guy did a headcount.

30 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

No idea where this number Arch Stanton has quoted appeared from. Still to collate the crowd split but the total St Mirren support was under 1000.

Why should the missing Queens fans  come back ?

The product on the park is very poor if not for Dobbie then we would definitely be in the playoffs at the wrong end of the table. 

It all comes from the manager look at Killie get the right man in charge the team will play better and through time the crowds will come back   

Even yesterday Killie went with 2 up top at Rangers to win the game if that was us then Dobbie would be up on his own with no support .

We play poor boring football with flashes of  brilliance from Dobbie  not enough to get fans back at Palmy .

Lewis Morgan getting paid 5k a week by Celtic and still playing for St Mirren great piece of business by them. Today showed the difference in quality of squads, and player budgets between wining the league and even getting into play offs, St Mirren have spent well and have one of the best budgets prob bar Dundee utd where as we have the 2nd worse budget after Brechin. 
I'd be surprised I'd Dunfermline and Falkirk didn't have bigger budgets than us

17 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

The product on the park is very poor if not for Dobbie then we would definitely be in the playoffs at the wrong end of the table. 

It all comes from the manager look at Killie get the right man in charge the team will play better and through time the crowds will come back   

Even yesterday Killie went with 2 up top at Rangers to win the game if that was us then Dobbie would be up on his own with no support .

We play poor boring football with flashes of  brilliance from Dobbie  not enough to get fans back at Palmy .

For passion not glory

Guest Flash
3 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

For passion not glory

Unfortunately, it doesn’t work like that. Otherwise we would get 5,000 every week when bottom of League 2.

On 3/11/2018 at 11:10, Gert.T.Fock said:

Another step towards the title, looking forward to a day out in Dumfries. I think we'll win this 3-1 and hopefully be boosted by the return of Lewis Morgan.

I really should take up gambling:thumsup2

1 hour ago, Northfield 53 said:

100% correct,

He has to go .

If my understanding is correct GN has another year of his contract to run until the end of season 2018/19. I said at the time of his appointment that I couldn't understand the logic of offering him such a long term contract at this level if football especially given his modest track record as a Manager.

If he had been a roaring success with us two things would probably have happened :-

- the team would have done well and QOS would have benefited - no problem with that
- a bigger club would probably have head hunted him and he would inevitably have moved on in the same way as Connolly, Chisholm, AJ and McIntyre did

The fact the we had him tied to us till end season 2018/19 wouldn't have made one iota of difference to GN's decision to leave. We might have earned some modest form of compensation if he terminated his contract but hardly a game changer for us.

The BOD are now in a difficult position - do they stick with GN or twist and buyout the deal? I would honestly say that if we apply the same criteria as in the case of James Fowler to the decision - let's assume GN's contract ended at the end of this season I would hazzard a guess that the chances of him being retained by the BOD would be about 5% at best.

With the extra year and the prospect of compensation to consider I would say it is 50:50. If the crowd numbers and the quality of the football was entertaining I think they would stick but given the alarming lack of supporter attendance and the poor home form it may be that they decide to twist.

A big decision to be made but as the custodian of the longer contract I think the Manager is holding the stronger hand.

2 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

What I cannot understand is why Naysmith hasn't played Dobbie and Lyle as a front two pairing more often?

This is by no means meant to sound patronising and if it does I apologise in advance.

Where do QOTS fans expect their club to be? You will comfortably stay in the championship again. Surely that must be the expectation every season? Or do you expect to be challenging for the title?

Most of our fans are realistic enough to accept we are roughly where we should be this season.

Punching your weight isn’t particularly exciting though, and the whole joy of sport is that fairytales can sometimes happen.

In Stephen Dobbie we have a genius who is capable of producing fairytale stuff. There is disappointment that his talents are being wasted turning a bad side into an average one, and not an average side into a promotion contender.

Also our home form is rotten which doesn’t help with fan morale.

Overall I’m not too downbeat, but I can appreciate why plenty are.

10 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

This is by no means meant to sound patronising and if it does I apologise in advance.

Where do QOTS fans expect their club to be? You will comfortably stay in the championship again. Surely that must be the expectation every season? Or do you expect to be challenging for the title?

I suppose with our budget we should be nowhere near the playoffs .I suppose with having one of the best players in the league it gets our hopes up but he is only one player sadly not enough to get us into the playoffs 

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Got it from a twitter follower who is usually spot on with crowd figures.

However, I acknowledge that you are in a better position to give an accurate figure.

Archived