Amber Machine vrs Duffy’s Duffers

5 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

Wat

He clearly had that sub planned at 0-0, which would be entirely understandable, then decided to make it anyway two minutes after we scored, when Murdoch is the last player who should be taken off.

We then concede from a shot off a loose ball outside the box when we were slow to shut the ball down. Not like that's exactly the kind of thing Andy Murdoch is there to prevent.

Your opposition going down to 10 men at 0-0 failing to break them down is a thing that happens. Going 1-0 up against 10 men in the 88th minute then failing to see the game out is simply unacceptable.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He clearly had that sub planned at 0-0, which would be entirely understandable, then decided to make it anyway two minutes after we scored, when Murdoch is the last player who should be taken off.
We then concede from a shot off a loose ball outside the box when we were slow to shut the ball down. Not like that's exactly the kind of thing Andy Murdoch is there to prevent.
Your opposition going down to 10 men at 0-0 failing to break them down is a thing that happens. Going 1-0 up against 10 men in the 88th minute then failing to see the game out is simply unacceptable.

Exactly my thoughts. Failing to break down a team who’ve gone down to 10 men happens all the time and is forgivable. Going ahead with 5 minutes left and failing to hold a lead against 10 men is shocking.

Harkins absolutely bossed it tonight, even his dive would've scored 10/10.

We were weak in the middle but the ref was absolutely desperate to get the cards out. The winger on Lithgow's side couldn't take anything going into him and went down at every opportunity. Never a penalty tonight for Morton either, players looking to go down at every chance.

Both of Byrne's cards were harsh and the second could easily have been a warning.

Mullin was horrendous tonight, lack of urgency and no sense of playing with the team. Worst I've seen him and I can see why he's not starting, we sorely missed Cadden tonight. Thompson as well was shockingly bad, never put a tackle in and rarely found a man with his pass - instead just hoofing it up.

This kind of finish is absolutely typical of this team though, fight until the end and never give up. Absolutely brilliant, questionable from Gaston mind you. Very few got pass marks but to grind out the draw is massive for our run in.

8 minutes ago, Scosha said:

We’ve thrown away far too many points due to Duffy’s mistakes. 

That goal at the end summed up our season. 

Would Murdoch staying on have made any difference? We'll never know.

We're still fourth, fighting with the Pars and Queens for the playoffs - and you're saying you wish the season was over. Can understand some disappointment tonight - but, dearie me...

Got the starting 11 right tonight... taking an energetic ball winning midfielder off when a goal up with a few minutes to go for John fucking Baird is just plain stupidity.

Unbelievable. 

Actually it's very believable. TTG.

Really poor game tonight, overall though I felt a draw was about right despite us being so poor. 

We created a couple of good chances in the first half and Hardie has a decent opportunity in the second half. 

It was backs against the walls for the last 20 minutes, can’t believe any of our fans are complaining about the 2nd yellow card, it was clearly a second yellow and subsequent red, no complaints from me. 

When the Morton goal went in I thought that was it, we hadn’t looked like getting out our half after going down to 10 men but that last minute goal sums this team up perfectly, they just never give up and it’s brilliant to see. 

Even though we didn’t play great tonight the effort was still there and you can’t really criticise the team when you see that. 

Harkins was the best player on the park, frustratingly for us we allowed him 2, 3 yards of space to dictate the game, that was the difference in this game compared to previous games between the sides. 

Given the circumstances absolutely made up with the point, keeps the distance between the two teams at 8 points and we have a game in hand. 

Gonna have to play much better on Saturday to get anything from Falkirk. 

This season has been an absolute waste of time. Obviously the players there to have a right good go but Duffy isn't interested. Time for him to leave. 

3 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Really poor game tonight, overall though I felt a draw was about right despite us being so poor. 

We created a couple of good chances in the first half and Hardie has a decent opportunity in the second half. 

It was backs against the walls for the last 20 minutes, can’t believe any of our fans are complaining about the 2nd yellow card, it was clearly a second yellow and subsequent red, no complaints from me. 

When the Morton goal went in I thought that was it, we hadn’t looked like getting out our half after going down to 10 men but that last minute goal sums this team up perfectly, they just never give up and it’s brilliant to see. 

Even though we didn’t play great tonight the effort was still there and you can’t really criticise the team when you see that. 

Harkins was the best player on the park, frustratingly for us we allowed him 2, 3 yards of space to dictate the game, that was the difference in this game compared to previous games between the sides. 

Given the circumstances absolutely made up with the point, keeps the distance between the two teams at 8 points and we have a game in hand. 

Gonna have to play much better on Saturday to get anything from Falkirk. 

Disagree a wee bit, thought Mullin and Thompson were shocking tonight. Neither looked as though they were bothering their arse with any urgency to play in the team, I'm hoping its just down to lack of games recently but they were so far off the pace.

We were weak in the middle but the ref was absolutely desperate to get the cards out. The winger on Lithgow's side couldn't take anything going into him and went down at every opportunity. Never a penalty tonight for Morton either, players looking to go down at every chance.

Both of Byrne's cards were harsh and the second could easily have been a warning.

Mullin was horrendous tonight, lack of urgency and no sense of playing with the team. Worst I've seen him and I can see why he's not starting, we sorely missed Cadden tonight. Thompson as well was shockingly bad, never put a tackle in and rarely found a man with his pass - instead just hoofing it up.

This kind of finish is absolutely typical of this team though, fight until the end and never give up. Absolutely brilliant, questionable from Gaston mind you. Very few got pass marks but to grind out the draw is massive for our run in.

Without a shadow of a doubt Harkins was the best player on the park tonight.

For us, De Vita, Thompson and Mullin were woeful. I even said to my brother that De Vita would get subbed real early in the second. He's not a left sided winger. Is Cadden injured again? If so depending how long he is out, that's a massive blow for us. Mullin has been woeful for a number of months now. His corner kick that went to the first man in the box was the summary of his play recently.

Tiffony(?) reminds me a lot of that Willis Furtado who was at Stenny last year. Tonnes of pace and good feet, but has no idea what to do with the ball and his end product is hopeless.

Byrne's second yellow was more of a yellow than his first tbh. But as usual the team dug deep and Jackson's goal was celebrated more by me than Hardies goal against United.

Jacko ya sexy b*****d, what a goal.

Didn't see that coming at all, thought one goal would win it for one of us, and when Byrne went off I couldn't see us scoring, esp when Miller was subbed for Keaghan in a tactical move to get us a full set of midfielders again. Morton were coming at us in waves as we dropped back deep trying to hold out for a draw, when they scored I was convinced that was it, but what a goal by Jacko, last kick of the ball for us too, felt as good as a win as it keeps the gap to 8 points over Morton.

This Livi team just keep showing they are fighters and don't give up, fantastic effort from our players.

Team were poor tonight and both were bookings for Byrne and he was rightfully sent off but after that it was like we didn't believe we could win the game and just sat back like in the 0-0 Dunfermline game and tried to get similar here. We weren't even really forced back and there was no link between the 9 at the back and Hardie who was helpless up front.

Unlike Dunfermline it didn't pay off this time and Morton got their goal and looked like they'd won the game.

That is of course until Shagger Longridge fucks one in from 25 yards in the last minute and creates Scenes in the stand. To think I criticised him earlier for volleying the ball out of the park randomly, he was just testing his strike.

Big Harkins was running the show and had the smuggest face on him when Morton went 1-0 up and was beginning to wind the Livi fans up but sorry to say for the poor b*****d we stole his dreams and he was absolutely dejected going off.

Gary pal

IMG_1307.jpg

40 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I'd disagree about Byrne's bookings; the first one was a definite caution albeit stupid. He didn't need to go in and pull the Morton Player down; he's hesitated too long meaning he'd lost the impetus; then by the time he brought the player down there were plenty of defenders getting back so, even if the boy had got past him, there were plenty of defenders to pick him up.  Bringing the boy down was stupid and unnecessary; he left the referee very little choice as a result.

The second wasn't really worthy of a booking in my opinion, the slightest of touches, the Morton player had lost control of the ball so spectacularly falls over. However he did appear to make contact. He was right in front of the referee and it was only about ten minutes since he was booked so the referee had his card marked. Whether I think this was a booking or not is immaterial; the fact is we see this sort of thing several times a season and you need to be prepared.

I 100% agree that we missed Cadden; the left wing was very flat and very little real movement until Longridge came on. Likewise Mullin was poor; he really doesn't suit a  wing back position.

Even though we were down to ten men I actually thought we started to show more promise when Longridge and McMillen came on for De Vita and Mullin but personally I would have started Jacobs instead of Thompson and probably Boyd ahead of Miller who put in a lot of effort but very little of end product.

To be honest both teams seemed a bit rusty with the possible exception of Harkin who reminded me a bit of Simon Mensing only competent.

41 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Disagree a wee bit, thought Mullin and Thompson were shocking tonight. Neither looked as though they were bothering their arse with any urgency to play in the team, I'm hoping its just down to lack of games recently but they were so far off the pace.

They didn’t play great, I’m struggling to name a player that had that good a game but the effort was 100% there and they never gave up, that’s what I saw anyway. 

Josh Mullin is clearly lacking in comfidence after sitting on the bench and not having much game time recently, the way the game went it was hard for us to get near them, Thompson tried his best to get the ball down and play, it just didn’t happen for him. 

Archived