Amber Machine vrs Duffy’s Duffers

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, virginton said:

How convenient for you to avoid seeing your 'the lack of support from the crowd is responsible for poor performances' thesis being completely dismantled on the pitch as well. 

If Duffy decides to play absolute jobbers like Baird again then I'll probably head straight to the pub instead of watching a reserve team predictably flounder.

Sorry VT I must  admit to being a Saturday terracing manager only. My thesis didn't cover football analysis but "The role of glycoconjugates in photoreceptor outer segment shedding and uptake by the retinal pigment epithelium. " I think you will find it a good read.

50 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

Sorry VT I must  admit to being a Saturday terracing manager only. 

You were more than happy to opine drivel about the fans being responsible for dross home results like the recent 0-1 reverse at home to Livingston just last week. I wonder why you've backed down from that claim now.  

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Jim Duffy's a genius/fossil.

Will delete as appropriate depending on the result.

Imagine football fans having the temerity to evaluate a football manager's performance using such sketchy metrics like 'results' and 'performances'. Not sure that you've quite grasped the concept of this website tbh. 

You were more than happy to opine drivel about the fans being responsible for dross home results like the recent 0-1 reverse at home to Livingston just last week. I wonder why you've backed down from that claim now.  
The fun has gone!

I have generally spent my life in serious professional discussion only come here for a bit of banter.

We are done.

5 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

Game will be as good as over if Livi score first.

Probably yep, Morton have yet to score a goal against us too so hopefully that doesn't change on Tues.

Despite what Morton fans are saying, I still expect a tough game, but I think we'll grind out a win to keep our current run of form going.

We need to put out our strongest team.  Which means no McHugh and no Baird.  When I say strongest, I mean strongest apart from any injured players who are unavailable.

3 points crucial tonight.  Either or both of Queens and Dundee United are going to get points tonight.  We generally have collapsed around this time, happens most seasons recently, so we really need to break that pattern.  Basic problem is however that our squad is not really good enough - particularly in the striking department.

16 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Jim Duffy's a genius/fossil.

Will delete as appropriate depending on the result.

You boys still loving, hating, loving, hating, loving, hating  Johnston?

Please, please:

Gaston

Doyle - O'Ware - Lamie - Iredale

Tidser - Murdoch - Harkins - Ross

Tiffoney - Oliver

We know this starting eleven doesn't guarantee victory and we know that Livingston have been comfortably better than us in all three games between the sides so far with various different line ups, but we also know that this was working superbly for us before Duffy changed it for no apparent reason and it hasn't been used against Livingston. None of those players should be sitting on the bench and the only reason for any of them not to start is if they're injured. Particularly if McHugh and/or Baird are in their place.

That is the strongest team we have available to us there is absolutely no reason not to play it.

Expecting us to have a strong and fresh team out, everyone rested and had a good break after our brilliant run of form. Hopefully Robinson is back and fit because it would be a strong midfield for us. Hardie and Miller up top should be a given by now and Nicky ran them rampant in the last game with a  cracker of a goal - stick Rafa on the other side and we're onto something

Archived