Amber Machine vrs Duffy’s Duffers

7 hours ago, #Gary said:

Aye... I'm fairly sure Andy Murdoch may have died if he played another 4 minutes...

It shows that Jim Duffy is a moron and that's all it shows. 

We lost a last-seconds equaliser to a ream on a great run of results who were and are sitting comfortably ahead of all other teams inthe division bar one. And we're still in fourth place, fighting  against teams that most of us expected to be competing with for the playoffs.

Disappointment and frustration about Tuesday is understandable, but get a fucking grip.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, LiviBoy2603 said:

Video of last nights game.

Still think your boy Byrne got the ball?? He was no where near it, 100% second yellow.

FWIW, i wasn't there so no idea if the 1st was a booking or not.

It was a foul but there was much worse being let go by the ref, and I've seen much worse being let go because a ref knew the player was on a booking and a 2nd would send them off, but Aitken loves sending our players off, 3rd red he's given us this season, and the only reds any of our players have got this season has been with him officiating. Aitken also missed 2 pens, one a piece, he's a fecking clown.

As i said i wasn't there, but from that small clip of  the incident, it's a clear foul, he gets no where near the ball and stops a counter attack so as clear a yellow as you will see for me.

I agree. That was a yellow card and considering he was already on a yellow Byrne was foolish to foul Harkins. That doesn't alter the fact however that Aitken's refereeing was poor. Some of the other yellows he dished out were for soft fouls and he was inconsistent throughout the game. Fans of both sides probably felt aggrieved.

8 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

We lost a last-seconds equaliser to a ream on a great run of results who were and are sitting comfortably ahead of all other teams inthe division bar one. And we're still in fourth place, fighting  against teams that most of us expected to be competing with for the playoffs.

None of that changes the fact that Duffy is a moron for taking off a midfielder and putting on a forward, when the team has just scored to make it 1-0 with just stoppage time remaining; indeed, the fact that playing away to Livingston is a substantial challenge right now only underlines the stupidity of said decision-making. He is substantially at fault. Not that he is the only one, as both our outfield players and goalkeeper should also be taking a look at their own contributions (or lack of) when tasked with preventing a pot shot from distance i) taking place and ii) hitting the net rather being saved. 

16 hours ago, virginton said:

None of that changes the fact that Duffy is a moron for taking off a midfielder and putting on a forward, when the team has just scored to make it 1-0 with just stoppage  tie remaining

He is substantially at fault. Not that he is the only one, as both our outfield players and goalkeeper should also be taking a look at their own contributions (or lack of) when tasked with preventing a pot shot from distance i) taking place and ii) hitting the net rather being saved. 

Like him or loathe him, and there's no doubt he can be frustrating as hell at times,  Duffy is very far from being a moron. He got the club promoted at the first attempt. In his second season he took us to our first national cup semifinal in decades and our highest overall league finish in years. This season we've had a national cup quarter final and may yet equal last year's league position.

Puzzling and frustrating as it was, we have no way of knowing the reasons or the reasoning behind Tuesday's late substitution, but as you admit above the whole ream could be deemed culpable for the late goal. Murdoch remaining on the pitch may not have made any difference.

And while we're here:

16 hours ago, virginton said:

the fact that playing away to Livingston is a substantial challenge right now 

Never understood your hatred of Hopkin while he was here, it seemed more personal than football-related, and when he got the Livi gig you predicted that it would quickly end in tears. Instead the guy turned around the shambles he'd inherited, cruised to the league title with games to spare - a league we struggled to win right at the death only a year earlier - and so far this year he's taken them on a march not seen from a newly-promoted team in this division since, oh, the team you claim on the left to support. And on a shoestring budget compared to Mileson's financial input.

I'm sure you'll join me in recognising the fact that the man has done a great job so far.  Won't you?

4 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

In his second season he took us to our first national cup semifinal in decades and our highest overall league finish in years.

True. The highest in a whole four years.

There was no reasoning behind Tuesday's 90th minute substitution. There was also no credible reasoning behind his refusal to change the team in the second half on Saturday. There are some things that Duffy is quite good at - defensive organisation; developing young players - and things that he is utterly fucking useless at: in-game management being at the very top of that list. I've already stated that the reaction to the Tuesday night's performance overall has been over the top, but the question that anyone other than a gibbering fool (i.e. not Rudolph Hucker) should be concerned about is whether Duffy's limitations will scupper any season in which we stand a decent chance at competing for promotion to the top flight. Between the slump in form at the end of last season, wretched play-off performances and now seven points having been practically written off in the last three league games through moronic decision-making, that is a live issue. 

54 minutes ago, virginton said:

There was no reasoning behind Tuesday's 90th minute substitution. There was also no credible reasoning behind his refusal to change the team in the second half on Saturday. There are some things that Duffy is quite good at - defensive organisation; developing young players - and things that he is utterly fucking useless at: in-game management being at the very top of that list. I've already stated that the reaction to the Tuesday night's performance overall has been over the top, but the question that anyone other than a gibbering fool (i.e. not Rudolph Hucker) should be concerned about is whether Duffy's limitations will scupper any season in which we stand a decent chance at competing for promotion to the top flight. Between the slump in form at the end of last season, wretched play-off performances and now seven points having been practically written off in the last three league games through moronic decision-making, that is a live issue. 

^^^so in essence you're still saying Duffy is a moron, and daring to respond to your post apparently makes me a gibbering fool. Wow, i'll lose sleep over that.

BTW, you forgot to add your agreement that Hopkin is doing a great job.

His decision making HAS been moronic. There's surely no way you can argue with that. How else would you describe taking Murdoch off at a time when we were defending a 1-0 lead with a few minutes ago, replacing him with a useless attacker?

5 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

^^^so in essence you're still saying Duffy is a moron, and daring to respond to your post apparently makes me a gibbering fool. Wow, i'll lose sleep over that.

Nope, as you being a gibbering fool was already common knowledge prior to your latest, gormless intervention. Thanks for playing anyway champ. 

1502716626880.jpg.cbaca9977e9c219de764bcdd764e1466.jpg

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Nope, as you being a gibbering fool was already common knowledge prior to your latest, gormless intervention. Thanks for playing anyway champ. 

1502716626880.jpg.cbaca9977e9c219de764bcdd764e1466.jpg

If you think that same old same old, complete with photo of a gurning C-list chef, bothers me at all then be my guest, fill your boots, thanks for trying. Champ.

Hmm, still nothing complimentary about the sterling work that Hopkin is doing; I wonder why that is.......?

1 hour ago, Randy Giles said:

His decision making HAS been moronic. There's surely no way you can argue with that. How else would you describe taking Murdoch off at a time when we were defending a 1-0 lead with a few minutes ago, replacing him with a useless attacker?

The instructions from any manager to the team in those last few minutes should have been along the lines of "keep the ba'/blooter it oot the park/waste as much time as possible".  I've no more idea than anyone else why Murdoch was subbed but you would assume any competent player, or all 11, could do those things for 5 minutes or so. Unfortunately, they couldn't.

Archived