Sweet Potatoes vs Quinoa fc

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have always supported Archie but today just about broke my support. McCarthy dropped after a terrific game last week, to bring back the captain who is more interested in flogging  his new clothing line. As for Barton, clearly the best centre half we have at the club, being left on the bench again, utterly boggles my mind. Any coincidence that we had a clean sheet when Barton was papped into the defence at half time and McCarthy gave us more dig in the middle of the park. The two games with Ross Co are gonna be season defining and I can't say I have any confidence in us getting anything from them!

Jist ... gonnae ... no ...

Partick Thistle boss Alan Archibald talking to BBC Scotland:

"It's all about the first half. We didn't start well and we lost terrible goals. It's so disappointing after keeping a clean sheet last week.

"We thought we had turned a corner in terms of team shape but it's hard to get your front players on the ball when you are giving goals away.

"We just need to work hard. It's still in our own hands to get out of the mess we're in."

Glad for Adao, Laff and Naisy. Imagine Adao had two other proper midfielders to work with instead of teenagers who aren't ready yet or consistent enough, or shite like Cowie and Callachan. Lafferty and Naismith are doing very well considering. If they had a midfield of the quality of Hibs or Aberdeen behind them, with our defence and keeper, we'd be in the mix for 2nd/3rd as well.

Although I'm not taking into account the potential Levein factor, granted.

So many questions... why couldn't our players stay on their feet

That was a problem for Hearts players as well. Our pitch has been poor this season and it seemed to be at it’s worst today.

I suspected at the time that Lafferty’s “Dive” May have been actually a slip which he then (illegally) tried to pass off to his advantage.

4 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

That was a problem for Hearts players as well. Our pitch has been poor this season and it seemed to be at it’s worst today.

I suspected at the time that Lafferty’s “Dive” May have been actually a slip which he then (illegally) tried to pass off to his advantage.

He has these "slips" on every pitch he plays on m8.

That dive was a joke, seen it coming a mile off, such a wee dobber, giving Lafferty abuse was the only positive thing about my 45 minutes in the ground... actually the pie was decent, I was very impressed with the pie wallet it came in.

4 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

Fucking hell, that boy Osman is a bombscare. Watching it on Alba and surprised he hasn't seen a 2nd yellow inside 30 minutes.

Can't believe Archibald started him ahead of McCarthy. If we'd started with a 3-5-2 and the young lad it could have been a different outcome. Manager's choice. 

1 minute ago, jagfox99 said:

Can't believe Archibald started him ahead of McCarthy. If we'd started with a 3-5-2 and the young lad it could have been a different outcome. Manager's choice. 

Spot on. Without actually coming out and saying it, Archie has just about admitted this on Jagzone. If we had started the game with the 2nd half line up I have no doubt that the outcome would have been different. Just why Cargill, Devine and Keown are now constantly chosen ahead of Barton in central defence is frankly astonishing. 

Archie got it completely wrong. Confidence is gone.

Should have brung Barton on at 2-0. Naismith and big Lafferty murderd us at the back. Erskine is finished at this level and Lawless gets bullied to easily.  

Absolutely no dig in the middle of the park. Osmans unfit or uninterested. Woods tries but when we aren’t controlling the game he goes missing.

Our younger players like McCarthy and Penrice must be pissed off big time. They never get a proper run of games it’s ridiculous.

It doesn’t take a genius to see that we are a lot more comfortable at the back when Barton plays sweeper.  And surely with Booth and Elliot fit it makes sense to play that way ? 

Hamilton seem to be able to get grind results out and have players that step up at important times. St Johnstone are getting back to a decent level. 

Id say our only hope of staying up now is Dundee continuing to make an arse of things but they at least have the boy Caulker in defence.

Archived