Dundee FC's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's next permanent manager?  

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are probably dozens of posts from me on here taking shots at Stuart McCall but if Dundee were to hand him a budget based on them finishing in the top 6 along with a board happy to eat 6 figure losses then I could see him doing a decent job at Dens.

On the flip side of things my argument has generally been that a lot of his success at Motherwell came from him inheriting a good core of players like Randolph, Hutchinson, Hammell, Jennings, Lasley, Murphy, Humphrey and being able to add players like Law, Higdon and Ojamaa (who may have been pish with you lot but was cracking for us in his first spell). Looking at the Dundee squad at the moment I'm not sure it's as solid a group and I'm not entirely sure he's the sort of manager you'd want in for a relegation scrap.

Either way he left Bradford just out the promotion play-off spots with a win % of 45.8%. Over 400 games in management and an average win % of 40.5% over his managerial career. McCann's on 43 games and 34.88% wins (take out the League Cup and Scottish Cup games and it drops below 30% - 10 wins in 34 games = 29.4%).

If you're looking for a manager who's kind of the anti-McCann ie: experienced without being ancient, has a decent track record and has the added bonus of knowing the league then I don't think McCall would be that unrealistic/unreasonable a shout.

It'll be Hughes, Pressley or some other "philosophy" manager who can sell themselves. 

If Dundee had any bollocks to live up to this "sleeping giant" myth they peddle, they'd go balls out and get Jack Ross

I get why people want a change but the manager would still be faced with one of the worst squads I have seen at Dens in a long time.

Apparently the new manager would give the team some kind of character, spirit and an effective way of playing for the run in? Where the f**k is that coming from with this bunch?

It'll be Hughes, Pressley or some other "philosophy" manager who can sell themselves. 
If Dundee had any bollocks to live up to this "sleeping giant" myth they peddle, they'd go balls out and get Jack Ross
Jack Ross wouldn't move now - an interim manager first then move in the summer for a new manager like Ross.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If we did bullet McCann, Ross would obviously be number 1 target. We wouldn't get him until the end of the season though.

Return of the Jocky until then.

Thank you.

I get why people want a change but the manager would still be faced with one of the worst squads I have seen at Dens in a long time.

Apparently the new manager would give the team some kind of character, spirit and an effective way of playing for the run in? Where the f**k is that coming from with this bunch?

Tactics and organisation.

Playing players in their correct position or if forced to play out of position a natural fit and not some powderpuff midget bairns.

I think we do have enough to stay up - if we play a game that suits the skills of our players and not a game where we we think they are more skilled than they are.

Midfield needs a serious shakeup - it's the reason why we close sloppy goals through not protecting our defence or supporting up front. Personally I'd rather have a defender in midfield playing the holding role than the pish we are getting right now.

From outside Robbie neilson, from within Mcpake and Boyle. 

He has to go, end of. I've supported him blindly all season but yesterday was the final nail in his coffin. If he doesn't go we will be in the play offs and I can't see us beating any of the teams from the championship 

21 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Jack Ross wouldn't move now - an interim manager first then move in the summer for a new manager like Ross.

I wouldn't be so sure. You promise him a fucking warchest in the Summer, and promises he'll be allowed whatever he wants regardless of division, and there's every chance he'd move. The rest of the season would let him evaluate the current squad with no genuine pressure. 

I’d say Wright is a more realistic target than Ross. Ross is one of the hottest properties in British Football never mind Scotland. I can’t see any possibility in him being interested. The McCall shout is maybe not so daft, not particularly inspiring but neither are we.

I’d say Wright is a more realistic target than Ross. Ross is one of the hottest properties in British Football never mind Scotland. I can’t see any possibility in him being interested. The McCall shout is maybe not so daft, not particularly inspiring but neither are we.

Jack Ross is Derry'd Oot His Nut though tbf.

Love how all those criticising our big spending on the back of that Record story are now criticising our unwillingness to spend big on a manager.

Not saying I disagree but after the f**k up the board made of appointing a permanent successor to Hartley I can't see them doing that. McCann was backed generously last summer. They are most likely going to want a manager to work with what we've got already. McPake would fit that bill assuming he's fully qualified.

Jack Ross told you to bolt when his team were in the 2nd tier. Absolutely no chance he would contemplate the job after winning promotion. Unlucky

Nah, he didn't.

Archived