League debate

Blackie Gold

As another weekend of league games look set to be wiped out, do you think that re-arranged league games should get priority considering its the bread and butter for all clubs. After our Scottish tie next week, Talbot will have Saturday games against Whitletts and St Roch's in what could be described as lesser competitions. Next season we go into a 30 game league. Will these games finally get priority or will we be facing three league games a week at the end of the season just like we will face this season. (Please make this a pyramid free zone)

No fixtures are out and should stay the same , you may class these competitions as lesser competitions for your club but I'm pretty sure Whittletts and st Roch's wouldn't class them that way. Just remember junior football isn't all about the "big" club's

7 minutes ago, qwerty said:

No fixtures are out and should stay the same , you may class these competitions as lesser competitions for your club but I'm pretty sure Whittletts and st Roch's wouldn't class them that way. Just remember junior football isn't all about the "big" club's

So you think that because some smaller teams want a go at a big scalp then the league should be put on the back burner? If you want to face the big clubs then get into the big league. We had to do it in the 70's.

So you think that because some smaller teams want a go at a big scalp then the league should be put on the back burner? If you want to face the big clubs then get into the big league. We had to do it in the 70's.
No I think that if fixtures are allocated then they should be played on date given not binned because one of the big teams has league games to play, it's not about taking a big scalp it's about fairness for all , maybe you should suggest that your club doesn't enter these lesser competitions then you will have plenty time for league games.

Wishaw has another cup day off... surely the sjfa should be wee but pro active .... games was called off early 

so port Glasgow were idle in there league with a playable  4g  so surely mid week sjfa and both clubs could hv prearranged   a league tie if cup game was off and it gets a fixture out the way  yeah could be hassle but makes sense 

5 hours ago, classof2010 said:

The east finish middle of June as well 80 percent their league games in first 7 weeks n last 2 month so does it really work mate

Incorrect mostly the league is done by end of may it's sometimes rushed semi final and final

Every year this argument will happen till the powers that be and the clubs in this country decide to move to summer football. Shocked junior haven’t been at the forefront of this as I would say they would benefit most with the extra footfall thru the turnstiles.

Problem is a summer football season would’ve started round about now. Pitches would be cut up in the first few fixtures.

Folk always say we could play loads of evening games in summer due to the lighter nights. All clubs want to avoid midweek games as best they can, as crowds are utterly decimated.

Every year this argument will happen till the powers that be and the clubs in this country decide to move to summer football. Shocked junior haven’t been at the forefront of this as I would say they would benefit most with the extra footfall thru the turnstiles.

First game of the season end of July or first week or two in March like last year weeks. I know what I would rather have. I love concept of summer football but when you look into it you play in very wet March and April then wrecks grass pitches before season under way.

Also more midweek games which are more poorly attended than a November to February Saturday game unfortunately. Only Friday nights make a difference.

Also how do you finish a season end of October or November with no floodlights? Major cup finals in May or June...in October / November be even more poorly attended imo.

27 minutes ago, Shannon said:

First game of the season end of July or first week or two in March like last year weeks. I know what I would rather have. I love concept of summer football but when you look into it you play in very wet March and April then wrecks grass pitches before season under way.

Also more midweek games which are more poorly attended than a November to February Saturday game unfortunately. Only Friday nights make a difference.

Also how do you finish a season end of October or November with no floodlights? Major cup finals in May or June...in October / November be even more poorly attended imo.

Why would games be off April, May, June, July, August? 22 Saturdays, 3 games in March, 4 in September, 4 October, 31 without a Wednesday, there's also 22 of them in 5 summer months if you need them

Might need a computer to work out the fixtures like every other league in the Northern hemisphere but if we're changing things way stop at that

Archived