East Fife v Airdrie

2 hours ago, touchedbymadness said:

Ross Brown's missed header at the EF first and McDonald's shit marking (and embarrassing remonstrations at the goalie ffs) should be highlighted

I think our defending looked pretty poor all round. It seems to me that panic sets in. We need a couple of experienced heads but I’m sure the manager knows this. 

I’d still like to know the reason for all the changes.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, waysider said:

I think our defending looked pretty poor all round. It seems to me that panic sets in. We need a couple of experienced heads but I’m sure the manager knows this. 

I’d still like to know the reason for all the changes.

9 points away from home all season (out of 42 before this game, out of 45 now) combined with the fact we've got a run of 4 games in 10 days probably justifies rotating the squad a bit. 

If we'd taken a point it would have, quite rightly given our away record, be seen as a point gained and keeping things fresh before the midweek game would be seen as a good managerial decision. It obviously didn't happen, but I imagine that was the thinking behind the changes.

ETA: The Cairns pass at 5:15 in the Airdrie highlights is superb. Great vision, perfect execution, glad he's signed up.

Another match spoiled by the conditions. Airdrie should have been 4-1 up but poor finishing and a lack of concentration in defence costs us badly yet again. Was the least effective I've seen Carrick, not helped by consistently over hit crosses. Keystone cops stuff for East Fife's first goal too. Interesting that Luke Watt  seems to have disappeared off the radar. 

The next three games are critical. Nine points and we can breathe easy, any less and we will have to keep looking over our shoulder.

1 hour ago, TheBuckfastTriangle said:

9 points away from home all season (out of 42 before this game, out of 45 now) combined with the fact we've got a run of 4 games in 10 days probably justifies rotating the squad a bit. 

If we'd taken a point it would have, quite rightly given our away record, be seen as a point gained and keeping things fresh before the midweek game would be seen as a good managerial decision. It obviously didn't happen, but I imagine that was the thinking behind the changes.

ETA: The Cairns pass at 5:15 in the Airdrie highlights is superb. Great vision, perfect execution, glad he's signed up.

I think it was also called as a fantastic pass by the EFtv commentator ;-). Always give credit where its due!

4 hours ago, TheBuckfastTriangle said:

Mark Wilson was sat near me at a 20s game last season and he was a big fan of Dean's ability to hit that same crossfield pass from the centre half position.

Archived