Who Chose That? Stevie Wonder?

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

It is/was scanned in somewhere on P&B.. there was a magazine (442?) feature with Jimmy Hill one summer where he chose his favourite strips from around the leagues of the UK. He was modelling that green and purple effort - proper full kit on. Gruesome sight. 

Our old red tartan away kit was in that issue. He didn’t like it.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 13/03/2018 at 15:10, Hedgecutter said:

I have a strong feeling that they unusually kept the Matchwinner supplied away shirt whilst having the LCS home one (getting away with it as the Landmark sponsor remained identical).

Before that was the purple and green vertical stripes effort below (I'm still unsure about whether it's nice or not, by '90s standards anyway) and after the aforementioned quartered strip I can only recall the purple / gold Avec away strips, i.e.  no LCS away shirt inbetween.

1993-1994-dunfermline-athletic-adults-xl

My nomination for the worst Pars away kit though:

dunfermline-athletic-10-11-puma-kits.jpg

You're right.

The red/blue 'Petrie' away kit of 1995/96 was indeed used the following season, with Le Coq Sportif's logo on it instead of Matchwinner.

I searched for years to find the green/purple top and it was a glorious day when I got one. Had it as a wee boy and I like it because it's a bit bonkers. Away kits should be. I wore it in Spain on holiday when I was a child and a Hearts fan mistook me for a Hibs supporter, as I think they had some sort of purple and green away top at the time.

dunfermline-athletic-tvsdun9899a001-300x

This away shirt from 1998/99 I thought was particularly awful. The black/gold third kit we had around the time was, however, glorious.

Dunfermline-Athletic-Away-Shirt-2003-200

This wasn't that great either IMO.

And, I know we played in the 2004 cup final in it, but the all white with one black stripe TFG effort for that and the 04/05 season was bloody rotten as well.

You're right.
The red/blue 'Petrie' away kit of 1995/96 was indeed used the following season, with Le Coq Sportif's logo on it instead of Matchwinner.
I searched for years to find the green/purple top and it was a glorious day when I got one. Had it as a wee boy and I like it because it's a bit bonkers. Away kits should be. I wore it in Spain on holiday when I was a child and a Hearts fan mistook me for a Hibs supporter, as I think they had some sort of purple and green away top at the time.
dunfermline-athletic-tvsdun9899a001-300x300x1.
This away shirt from 1998/99 I thought was particularly awful. The black/gold third kit we had around the time was, however, glorious.

Dunfermline-Athletic-Away-Shirt-2003-2004-Large.jpg
This wasn't that great either IMO.
And, I know we played in the 2004 cup final in it, but the all white with one black stripe TFG effort for that and the 04/05 season was bloody rotten as well.
When I heard we were getting a new purple third top I imagined us wearing something like the Fiorentina shirt (and hopefully banging in a few long range Batigol type thundercunts into the top corner) so when that came out I was super disappointed. IIRC we first wore that kit in a televised game v Rangers at East End - Dunfermline wearing almost blue at home (and a third kit at that) while Rangers wore red (it might have been their third kit too actually?) was just so wrong.

The black/gold third kit we had around the time was, however, glorious.
 dunfermline-athletic-away-football-shirt-1997-1999-s_2292_1.jpg 

Long sleeved version doesn't do it justice IMO.      

Anyway, back on topic, I made the mistake of purchasing Brechin's Pars-esque away top in 2012. Perhaps not that bad when compared to others on this thread but I found it really tacky in both design and material. Has a big white square on the back as part of the design that looks utterly stupid without a number on it, and as we all know, only primary school kids can pull off a numbered shirt. I remember looking at it on the evening of purchase and thinking "wtf have I done here". I like to think of the money spent on it as a charitable donation.

1112.jpg

Archived