Eticket System Survey

Sorry to be a pain, but for my honours project I'm developing a system where lower league clubs in Scotland can purchase tickets online for games instead of paying at the gate. 

I've done a survey which would be a massive help if you could fill out, it won't take long to do.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/KT7DH55

There's a description of how it would work in the survey, but it would essentially work by paying online, getting an eticket emailed which would have a QR code.

Thanks for filling it out if you do :)

1 hour ago, Mantis Toboggan said:

Sorry to be a pain, but for my honours project I'm developing a system where lower league clubs in Scotland can purchase tickets online for games instead of paying at the gate. 

I've done a survey which would be a massive help if you could fill out, it won't take long to do.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/KT7DH55

There's a description of how it would work in the survey, but it would essentially work by paying online, getting an eticket emailed which would have a QR code.

Thanks for filling it out if you do :)

For the crowds you get at lower league games in Scotland would it really be worth the hassle of buying an e-ticket when you can just stroll up and pay on the gate?

Edited to add

Done your survey anyway:)

In theory it's a good idea. I personally don't like having money on me, I prefer using card for everything - if I have money on me then I'm more likely to spend it. If I take out £20 to pay myself into the football, I've got £8 or so left and then I'm likely to buy a pie and bovril just because I've got money.

I think the problem would be that 1) any development costs would be prohibitive for smaller clubs or 2) if it was a 3rd party site then they would take a share of the ticket or charge an admin fee. People won't want to pay more than the walk up price and clubs won't want to lose money when they could get the full £12 or whatever at the gate.

Not directly related to the OP's idea - but I've been struck recently by how many small shops and even stall-holders have card machines these days (and likely to increase with convenience of contactless and rural banks closing making it harder for small businesses to bank cash). Are there any lower-league grounds where you can pay other than with cash, e.g. if you've forgotten it?

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Not directly related to the OP's idea - but I've been struck recently by how many small shops and even stall-holders have card machines these days (and likely to increase with convenience of contactless and rural banks closing making it harder for small businesses to bank cash). Are there any lower-league grounds where you can pay other than with cash, e.g. if you've forgotten it?

I believe in the Ayrshire Juniors you can pay with blood or a female relative... 

11 hours ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

In theory it's a good idea. I personally don't like having money on me, I prefer using card for everything - if I have money on me then I'm more likely to spend it. If I take out £20 to pay myself into the football, I've got £8 or so left and then I'm likely to buy a pie and bovril just because I've got money.

I think this statement just highlighted why this is unlikely. The possibly of falling revenue from the food stalls would be a disincentive to many clubs as whilst the money taken isn't particularly high, its still extra income and in times of reducing gates etc every possible source of income needs to be maximised as much as possible

Hi Mantis Toboggan, done your survey. A major problem with buying E- tickets at our level of football are that  cancellations of games, especially in winter can be a frequent  event and if we adopted your idea and paid upfront via an E-ticket, those supporters  who could not travel midweek when rescheduled games take place, would dip out after having paid the entrance fee. Would the club reimburse it?

In addition to the falling number of fans going through the gates and I include myself in the next category, a large percentage of the age demographic of fans at the grounds that I go to  are on the wrong side of 60. Would these supporters bother with an E-ticket(I think not) and if not,  what would be the incentive for clubs to adopt this when additional costs would be involved.

Nothing to do with the above postings but I live just off Easter Road and its only 15:20 but the drunken idiots are on the street already. 

Have done your survey.

The main points for the introduction of anything new are - what purpose would it serve? And of what benefit would it be to those who introduce it?

I don't think there are many teams missing out on potential footfall just now through not having an e-ticketing system at their grounds. And I'm not sure the cost of implementing it would see clubs reap any big benefits from it. However, if it was cheap enough, it could be the case that some clubs would implement it anyway to try to make things as convenient as possible for their fans.

Anyway, good luck with your degree and your project.

Archived