BBC bias

22 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
22 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:
I think she did but the "Laurel Park merger" closed in 2002 and they became part of Hutchies which might explain the different posts.

Spot-on, I suppose it really then depends on her age.

Born in 1976 so I would guess she was there between 1988-1994. I think they had a green uniform -blazer /pleated skirt etc which matched up well with the local schools variety of school outfits. 

2 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Born in 1976 so I would guess she was there between 1988-1994. I think they had a green uniform -blazer /pleated skirt etc which matched up well with the local schools variety of school outfits. 

So, to summarise: her remarkable accent is a product of the odd bubble that is Glasgow private schools OR a deliberate confection designed to ingratiate her with the BBC and its core audience.

I'm putting a fiver on the second option.

8 hours ago, Academically Deficient said:

So, to summarise: her remarkable accent is a product of the odd bubble that is Glasgow private schools OR a deliberate confection designed to ingratiate her with the BBC and its core audience.

I'm putting a fiver on the second option.

Not one of those that I hung about with from a Glasgow private school backround had an accent like Laura. 

20 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

She definitely went to Laurel Bank, and left just before the merger with Park. Hutchie then took over the merged school in the early 2000s and torched the Laurel Bank building unfortunately there was a fire in the Lilybank Terrace building in 2008

4 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

She definitely went to Laurel Bank, and left just before the merger with Park. Hutchie then took over the merged school in the early 2000s and torched the Laurel Bank building unfortunately there was a fire in the Lilybank Terrace building in 2008

Thanks for info. I taught in the West End during that period but our paths never crossed.

Guest Longbottom Leaf

It is beyond reasonable doubt that Auntie has an Eurocentric Left wing bias.

On matters of the SNP I'm not sure. If I had to make an educated guess, I would bet that they are pro SNP on Europe but not Independence. 

10 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
18 hours ago, NotThePars said:

This is epic

What did it say? It seems to have been deleted.

Something along the lines of "Rishi has a plan to save the UK economy" while he's done up to look like Superman.

12 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

That's like somebody choking in a restaurant and the only paramedic that happens to be sitting along from the incident making sure they catch it all on camera.