BBC bias

The notion that Sarah Smith didn't intend to use the word "enjoying" is incredible.

We're not talking about some cub reporter, rather we have the Scotland Editor for BBC News broadcasting a crafted piece to fit in a defined, to the second, time slot, that would have been well considered.

Compare and contrast the efforts of Brian Taylor who's delivery in similar pieces are always edited and delivered with a high degree of professionalism. He also throws in interesting words that aren't infantile.

I'm struggling to understand what lies below the staggering outcome we witnessed last night.

Is it Smith with a ridiculous personal agenda or does the BBC anti indy policy that  Allan Little revealed persist at a very senior level?

1 hour ago, sophia said:

The notion that Sarah Smith didn't intend to use the word "enjoying" is incredible.

We're not talking about some cub reporter, rather we have the Scotland Editor for BBC News broadcasting a crafted piece to fit in a defined, to the second, time slot, that would have been well considered.

Compare and contrast the efforts of Brian Taylor who's delivery in similar pieces are always edited and delivered with a high degree of professionalism. He also throws in interesting words that aren't infantile.

I'm struggling to understand what lies below the staggering outcome we witnessed last night.

Is it Smith with a ridiculous personal agenda or does the BBC anti indy policy that  Allan Little revealed persist at a very senior level?

I don’t think the BBC has ever come to terms with the idea of Scottish independence as anything more than a fringe movement of fantasists. To those in London, Scotland is a minor regional playground, much like they would view Cornwall. The modern history of the BBC’s treatment of Scotland and Scots is to find a few biddable plastic jocks to up the accent quotient. This is a radical enough departure for them (check 50s and 60s BBC documentaries or reports about Scotland - all upper class toffery and cap-doffing kilted serfs). Smith and the majority of her cohorts are fully behind the traditional Anglocentric view of Scotland as a colourful backwater to be got out of. They are hardly going to take the idea of it as a country worthy of respect seriously. You join the BBC to escape the place and commit to putting Britain first...

Edited by Antlion

10 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Scottish Nationalism was supposed to be an irritating phase of a teenaged Scottish parliament and the exasperation that it's not going away is beginning to be on more overt show.

I was still living in England when the 2014 referendum was announced. I was taken aback at just how comfortable people were at being so dismissive about it.

Good people that I consider friends were so convinced that it was an extremist, ridiculous movement 'because obviously, Scotland would become a 3rd world country' that they had no qualms saying that to my face because quite clearly I'd not be mental enough not to agree.

It's quite deeply ingrained in the way many see us.

18 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

This is an example of why I have a reputation as a BBC defender on this thread. I just don't see the bias here. This is what she was summarising in a tweet.

“We found no evidence to indicate that Mr Johnson influenced the payment of any sponsorship monies to Ms Arcuri or that he influenced or played an active part in securing her participation in trade missions.

“While there was no evidence that Mr Johnson influenced the payment of sponsorship monies or participation in trade missions,  there was evidence to suggest that those officers making decisions about sponsorship monies and attendance on trade missions thought that there was a close relationship between Mr Johnson and Ms Arcuri, and this influenced their decision-making. “

https://www.policeconduct.gov.uk/news/no-criminal-investigation-boris-johnson-misconduct-public-office-while-mayor-london

Edited by welshbairn

5 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

So basically, corruption is so ingrained in the Mayor's office that the staff do it without prompting?

The Assembly are still going to investigate, but that was the message.

https://www.london.gov.uk/press-releases/assembly/assembly-responds-to-iopc-investigation

5 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Not so much bias as just shitness. You'd think the BBC political correspondent would not focus on the (laughable) exoneration and instead in response to this ask: how did staff know of his affair, if there were conflict of interest procedures why weren't they followed, if there weren't, why not, did anyone express misgivings and if not is there a culture in the assembly that prevents this etc.

In one tweet? Or even the thread? That's a job for a Panorama special, not her putting her spin into her early access to a new judgement and passing it on to we mortals. It seems perceived neutrality is impossible to achieve these days, even if you're just passing on nearly word for word what somebody has written down or said.

Edited by welshbairn

Oh my word

Enjoying her just sharing what Cummings is texting her including this belter where someone in the replies directly contradicts her “source’s” claim that the police didn’t speak to them

IMG_4085.jpg

7 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

That particular tweet is reporting. What are the two above?

The two above are straight reporting what she was told, the Mirror article doesn't claim that he personally was spoken to by the police. The one I quoted is expressing an opinion about possible ramifications.

Edited by welshbairn

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The two above are straight reporting what she was told, the Mirror article doesn't claim that he personally was spoken to by the police. The one I quoted is expressing an opinion about possible ramifications.

She states "No10"

Number ten isn't sentient, Johnson is.

She's in with the bricks.

7 minutes ago, sophia said:

She states "No10"

Number ten isn't sentient, Johnson is.

She's in with the bricks.

Is she not supposed to talk to Johnson or Cummings, as a political reporter? 

2 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I don't really know what else to say to you about Kuenssberg. You just can't see what I and many others see.

You keep quoting examples of her just reporting what she's told. I can see bias, but not in every tweet or interview. Hang on, here's a new one.

image.png.986b1539a495e8c11e75e632601dc23c.png

You keep quoting examples of her just reporting what she's told. I can see bias, but not in every tweet or interview. Hang on, here's a new one.

image.png.986b1539a495e8c11e75e632601dc23c.png

She has a track record of “reporting” things in a specific way that paints the current regime in a good light, or more forgiving one.

She’s a vile Tory c**t.

5 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

She's doing *rebuttal* of another journalist's investigation on *behalf of Dominic Cummings* with information *supplied by Dominic Cummings* that is shortly afterwards *demonstrated to be wrong*

I have nothing further to say if you can't see it.

She sees the story and asks for a comment from number 10. And tweets their response which includes the apparently true claim that the police didn't talk to Cummings himself. Should she not have asked for a response from No 10, or should she not have tweeted it?