BBC bias

On 16/04/2020 at 00:02, Utter Roaster said:

Not so much bias as just blatant 'who gives a f**k about Jockoland', at the time of writing there is a story on the front page of the BBC website where the headline is 'Dundee vote in favour of SPFL proposals' and the accompanying thumbnail is of... Shankland celebrating with his Utd teammates.

United did win the title based in the Dundee vote so it makes sense. 

Alister Jack's interview this morning was a curious thing.

I was particularly interested in his assertion at two hours fifteen that you'd have to be a fool to defend government policy.

He also said that poverty kills.

Instead of pressing him on this, Gary Robertson thanked him.

In the land of food banks, poverty does indeed kill, Alister Jack doesn't seems to realise he has any responsibility and the BBC are remiss.

I listened to the bbc news on R3 at 8am, just to hear how the British Broadcasting Company are covering the world pandemic. Interesting. No figures re. deaths or how things are progressing in Europe or closer to home. Lead story was A&E numbers way down and a quick soundbite from an NHS England spokesperson. Second story was about English covid testing, third story was a general story about the cost to insurers (sounding like a press release). Story four- English Premier League.

Scotland wasn't totally ignored though. It's to be 15 degrees in Edinburgh today.

There was a thing on bbc news in the early hours of yesterday morning with a bunch of journos interviewing each other about the political reactions. 

Sara Smith was getting interviewed by K*****erg about Nicola Sturgeon's explanation of the exit strategy from Lockdown. 

Basically K*****erg had a go at Sturgeon for not providing much detail then explained that the Westminster approach of providing no details was great, to not give false hope or scare anyone. She then had a wee laugh explaining how her second question at thr briefing had been cut off but she was assured it was an accident. 

I have never seen a political hack go native this much, and i've seen Nick Robinson. 

Edited by coprolite

Sara Smith was interviewing somebody on the Sage panel on R4 this morning about whether Cummings should be there, but phrased it as "even if he's just observing", so the guy didn't get the chance to say what he thought about political interference. The accusation is that he's been directly involved in the discussions, instead it went "nothing happening here".

Pretty poor show there from Andrew Marr in his interview with Sturgeon; he must have chivvied her and attempted to close her responses about 10 times in the second half of it. Credit to Sturgeon for simply talking thro him.

It was worse than that. He demanded to know why a third of deaths in Scotland were in Care Homes. He then blithely stated that this was much higher than in England.
When Drab came on later, Marr suggested the true figure in England could be double the official figure but let Drab waffle on about The UK being the world leaders in doing things at exactly the right time, unlike Jonny Foreign Governments. No interruptions or questions for the bold Marr. Pathetic

Watched Dispatches tonight. The programme looked like it had been made by a 1st Year student. Usual SNP Bad pish. To show how bad things are they filmed 101 people being fed and clothed by a charity in Glasgow. The 3 people interviewed included 2 women who claimed that they had to travel from Edinburgh to Glasgow as they hadn’t eaten for a few days. The journalist accepted this nonsense at face value.
They then went to Erskine and interviewed a 92 year old who, like everyone else in the country, cannot receive visits from his family. I couldn’t work out what the point they were trying to make.
Finally, an office manager at a private care home in East Kilbride stated that care workers should be better paid. No one would disagree, but this was a private company. Were the BBC trying to imply that the Scottish Government should be paying Private Care Home Staff wages? A truly baffling programme

I see some Tory nonentity Minister is suggesting that the BBC are being ‘anti-government’ in their reporting (Panorama) and issuing lightly veiled threats.

All on World Press Freedom Day!!!

I don't know where else to post this as it's not BBC but I see Mark Di Stefano, who seemed broadly alright, has quit the Financial Times days after being sued for defamation by two lefty Twitter accounts.

2 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

If you think that the BBC isn't holding the government to task, then the papers certainly will???

_112099862_ex4.jpg

🙄

Dangerous paper. Bought and read mostly by over 70s who are being told to go outside and mingle with their other vulnerable pals.