BBC bias

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Undoubtedly a response to the number of complaints about Kuennesberg retweeting any old shite Cummings gave her as if it was news.

She is the worst of the client journalists - lazy, completely lacking in basic fact checking.

I watched that documentary with her earlier this week, essentially a “behind the scenes” look at her reporting on the election (I didn’t make a point of watching it but I got sucked in after it came on the telly).

What stood out is that her main interest was just being the first to “break” a story, and everything was dramatised to such an extent. Didn’t really give much thought to actually investigating anything, she was just desperate to get the latest rumours before anyone else so that she could have her name on them.

It was like she thought she was in some sort of political drama where she had a starring role and had to be at centre of everything. Someone needs to tell her that she isn’t a celebrity and remind her that her job is simply to report on the fucking news.

Nick Robinson, despite being a bit of c**t, was far better in the role than she’ll ever be.

I’m not sure restricting twitter helps much. It’s not going to help her be a better journalist or be less biased.

All banning twitter will do is hide her faults and restrict her pish to the official BBC channels.

12 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I’m not sure restricting twitter helps much. It’s not going to help her be a better journalist or be less biased.

All banning twitter will do is hide her faults and restrict her pish to the official BBC channels.

It will stop something being quoted on Twitter being regarded as news as opposed to propaganda.

Edited by Fullerene

Problem is a lot of people these days probably dont go any further than twitter for the news.

2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

It won't happen anyway, Kuenssberg etc. will just tell them to f**k off as they must by now consider themselves untouchable.

I hope Cuntsberg and co think they’re untouchable.  It will make their demise a bit more pleasing.

I root for the institution but not for most of the existing lickspittles.

• 3 weeks later...
Is it me or is the constant use of the word "stampede" in describing the cause of over 40 deaths in Iran disturbing?

It’s clumsy at best, isn’t it? Imagine using stampede to describe Hillsborough, for example. Wouldn’t happen.

It's always used to describe when this happens to brown people because it's implicit that these are not actually people.

White people would die in a 'crush' in similar circumstances.
Yep. The implication is pretty clear that the people hurt and those around are responsible via their behaviour.

36 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

That's what the BBC are calling it on Radio 4, still need to purge the website though. Wonder what Bathboy thinks about it given his Hillsborough thoughts?

It's always used to describe when this happens to brown people because it's implicit that these are not actually people.

I feel like it is similar with "yobs" vs "revellers":

Football fan drunk on legal substance = yob

Young middle class girl out her face on illegal substance at Glastonbury = reveller

41 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
44 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:
I feel like it is similar with "yobs" vs "revellers":

Football fan drunk on legal substance = yob

Young middle class girl out her face on illegal substance at Glastonbury = reveller

Of course the best one is immigrants vs ExPats

The Bullingdon Club - High Jinx 

Easterhouse Youth Cub - Rampage

The BBC is staffed with people who are way too self satisfied.

Witness the Liverpool v Everton match on Sunday thats available on iPlayer.

With 46 minutes on the clock and Duncan Ferguson imparting some detail to Carlo Ancelloti, the match commentator mentioned a "clash of accents" and his co-commentator wondered if Ancelloti "got that". Boy how they chuckled, admittedly for only a second or two but it was just enough.

If only the Everton management combo could speak the King's English ...... perhaps in the Anfield idiom.