BBC bias

10 hours ago, cyderspaceman said:

Just had a thought. Maybe more left-wing folk die early as a result of their subjugation by the right-wing lot,

who then go on to live longer due to their comfy lifestyle and are therefore in the majority. 

Nah, too facile, eh?

I blame those utter b*****d doctors and nurses who work in the NHS.

Keeping more and more folk alive for longer and longer just so they can keep returning Tory governments :angry:

46 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

At first I thought the responses on this thread were a piss-take directed towards the OP. How wrong was I - Jeeesus wept.

It's up there with this post that got 8 greenies, totally made up. There was nothing slanted in the podcast at all that I could see.

On 14/12/2019 at 13:41, Dunfermline Don said:

Just listened to a BBC election podcast. The political editor LK described the results as ‘the map turning blue except Scotland which was a ‘grotesque’ yellow!’
Why include that word? Why not just say ‘yellow’.
It was the same the way they described Nicola ‘celebrating Swinson losing!’ instead of saying she was celebrating her candidate winning.
You may think these are small pedantic points, but this is just the start wait till we get into the full Indy campaign. We are going to be up against the full weight of the British Establishment and media.
Hard hats on guys!

On 14/12/2019 at 15:22, welshbairn said:

Was it this? Sounds like "England's gone blue, Scotland's got more intensely yellow" to me. 5 minutes in.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07xtsz6

On 14/12/2019 at 19:16, Dunfermline Don said:

I stand corrected. I had better go and reinstate my license now! emoji6.png

Probably a long shot and it's not BBC,, but did anyone hear LBC about 2 or 3am last night? I was half asleep, but woke up to a caller who I think (half-awake) was named Jason in Perth going absolutely mental at the broadcaster - Darren Adam, he's from Elgin but seems to be one of those mad Unionists who doesn't even think Scotland exists. 

It started off all cordial, the caller was saying how he voted No in 2014 for internationalism etc, but now it's the only option, and just took off. 

I'd love to hear it again, but I don't think LBC has a listen again thing like talkSHITE does. 

I take it  no one heard this! Féck me it was brilliant and entertaining listening.

36 minutes ago, Kejan said:

Probably a long shot and it's not BBC,, but did anyone hear LBC about 2 or 3am last night? I was half asleep, but woke up to a caller who I think (half-awake) was named Jason in Perth going absolutely mental at the broadcaster - Darren Adam, he's from Elgin but seems to be one of those mad Unionists who doesn't even think Scotland exists. 

It started off all cordial, the caller was saying how he voted No in 2014 for internationalism etc, but now it's the only option, and just took off. 

I'd love to hear it again, but I don't think LBC has a listen again thing like talkSHITE does. 

I take it  no one heard this! Féck me it was brilliant and entertaining listening.

LBC does have a listen again feature. Just open an account on their website. t's free.

Would like to hear that tbh. If you find it, can you post or otherwise let me know how you got it?
Happy Christmas btw

Two studies highlight media bias against Labour twice as bad as 2017.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/uk-election-press-media-conservative-tory-labour-criticism-bias-a9255551.html

Edited by Granny Danger

Labour did not lose this election due to media bias. They lost it due to Corbyn, Brexit and some fantasy 1970s politics. Oh and in that order.

Labour did not lose this election due to media bias. They lost it due to Corbyn, Brexit and some fantasy 1970s politics. Oh and in that order.
Whatever, but to deny that the coverage of the UK print and broadcast media during the election campaign was biased towards the Conservatives is to deny what happened.

To cite but one example, the amplification of the opinions of those Labour MP's who had resigned, like Austin and Gapes, utterly dwarfed those of former Tories.

Whatever, but to deny that the coverage of the UK print and broadcast media during the election campaign was biased towards the Conservatives is to deny what happened.

To cite but one example, the amplification of the opinions of those Labour MP's who had resigned, like Austin and Gapes, utterly dwarfed those of former Tories.
I'm not denying it, I'm just stating that Corbyn was a complete mumbleclown who has caused some decent English MPs their job. Differing up here as Labour MPs in Scotland lost due to their stance on independence

22 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
5 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Brexit came about because of media bias over the past 40+ years.

Combined with no politicians brave enough to defend and argue for the EU, apart from maybe Kenneth Clarke.

Edited by welshbairn

22 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
36 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
Brexit came about because of media bias over the past 40+ years.

Not denying that either, but Corbyns vagueness on the subject was part of the reason he got humiliated last week

Vagueness on everything actually

The one time Theresa May got to talk about something other than Brexit was the Novichok poisoning in Salisbury.  Corbyn's response was pathetic.  "Maybe the Russians didn't do it.  Let's go ask them".

I can understand the need to avoid sabre rattling but a better and less naive response was needed.

28 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Undoubtedly a response to the number of complaints about Kuennesberg retweeting any old shite Cummings gave her as if it was news.

She is the worst of the client journalists - lazy, completely lacking in basic fact checking.

Like many politicians these days, they're not there as their vocation, but to enhance their "celebrity" profile.  LK is the journalistic equivalent.

(ps, just seen i managed to get the 3 variations of the "t" word in quick succession - hope the grammar polis are suitably redundant 😎)