On 28/11/2019 at 19:33, MixuFixit said:

This thread is so good

I also spotted this BBC page which misleads on the SNP targets.  There's a graphic that shows Labour as topping the tree-planting table with plans for 100M trees each year while the SNP are second bottom and only plan on 60M a year.

Aye, but that 60M is only in Scotland.  Ratio it up by population or by area and SNP plans top the table by miles.

Subtly misleading as ever.  You call them out on it and you get mealy-mouthed justifications.

From PressGazette December 9 2016.
Journalist of the Year Laura Kuenssberg: 'I would die in a ditch for the impartiality of the BBC'

Is that a commonly used phrase?

Just wondering.

Absolutely classic capitulation from the Beeb today. What’s that Malcolm Tucker quote? “They go down at the first sign of resistance like an old woman’s hip.”

Using yesterday’s terrorist incident to justify their capitulation is pretty terrible too. Their conduct in this election campaign has been an utter shambles.

7 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Absolutely classic capitulation from the Beeb today. What’s that Malcolm Tucker quote? “They go down at the first sign of resistance like an old woman’s hip.”

5 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Using yesterday’s terrorist incident to justify their capitulation is pretty terrible too. Their conduct in this election campaign has been an utter shambles.

What's this about?

Just now, welshbairn said:

What's this about?

They’d originally said they wouldn’t have Johnson interviewed by Marr tomorrow, as the Tories proposed, unless he agreed to do the interview with Neil. They’ve now shat the bed and said they just have to have him on Marr without confirming Neil because of yesterday’s events.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

What's this about?

I would say BBC's bias (TV and radio) has been insufferably pro-Remain, with almost every presenter unable to conceal their disdain for Brexit interviewees. But they are at it with this decision. Nothing to do with terrorism. Everything to do with 1.  not pissing Marr off - the implication of withholding  a slot on Marr if he didn't do Neil,  was that Marr is just a pussy and that Neil is in a different league. That's probably right but I'm not sure Marr's ego could cope with that slur. And 2. should the Tories win, there is probably already some financial retribution coming The Beeb's way, so no need to stoke it up further. I'll be surprised if Boris does do Neil because he wouldn't be able to summon the necessary detail to cope and his blustery style would be taken apart. Corbyn and Sturgeon know their brief and are calmness personified - and even they struggled.

3 hours ago, cyderspaceman said:

From PressGazette December 9 2016.
Journalist of the Year Laura Kuenssberg: 'I would die in a ditch for the impartiality of the BBC'

Is that a commonly used phrase?

Just wondering.

Pillow talk?

Pretty horrific stuff this. 

Johnson will be given soft pitches concerning the nutcase yesterday, and then the Tories will say that they've fulfilled their responsibilities. At no point before the election will Johnson be truly questioned on his policies or ideology. 

This country is truly fucked. 

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Pretty horrific stuff this. 

Johnson will be given soft pitches concerning the nutcase yesterday, and then the Tories will say that they've fulfilled their responsibilities. At no point before the election will Johnson be truly questioned on his policies or ideology. 

This country is truly fucked. 

The UK certainly is, but there's still hope for Scotland.

There's going to be huge pressure on Marr to play the tough guy, which he's no good at. Hope he lulls Johnson into a false sense of security to make a total arse of himself.

They should just wait for Johnson to turn up and say Marr is ill so Andrew Neil is standing in.

Any Neil interview is built up to f**k now that is will be all bluster from him, even more than normal.

14 hours ago, welshbairn said:

There's going to be huge pressure on Marr to play the tough guy, which he's no good at. Hope he lulls Johnson into a false sense of security to make a total arse of himself.

Unless Marr completely soft-soaps him there's a significant possibility that Johnson will make a total arse of it. Unfortunately this will mean there's absolutely no chance of him facing Andrew Neil. 

I'm still hoping for a repeat of 2017 (in England anyway) where May's utter cowardice and refusal to interview or debate backfired massively. However this time round I fear the Brexiters would vote for Johnson regardless of his conduct. Their hatred of Johnny Foreigner trumps absolutely anything else. 

Was veering towards voting Tory but if that fat shite bag doesnt face Neil there is no way they'll get my vote.
Are you in Scotland?

Veering towards Tories?

Tactical voting? Or just want Brexit done? Or (gulp) do you like the general cut of the jib?