BBC bias

3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Going against the current Tory message that it will be close so you have to get out and vote to GET BREXIT DONE!

Unlike this 

Apparently this is not about being pro-Tory.  More about being pro whoever is in power.  For that reason I would love Corbyn to win a majority (even if it was unlikely).  I would love to see these phoneys pledging their loyalty to Prime Minister Corbyn.  Unlikely but so what.

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Going against the current Tory message that it will be close so you have to get out and vote to GET BREXIT DONE!

Unlike this 

No-one appears to have picked up on Laura's definition of "a generation"

David Cameron had an effective majority of 15 at the general election in May 2015. I would say that 15 is  a pretty decent majority.

According to Kuenssberg, therefore, a political generation is 4 years and 7 months.

I assume she'll be calling for Indyref2 any day now...

Today's episode of Politics Live isn't available on the iPlayer. The BBC have claimed that they, or their political editor, have not breached electoral law and a BBC reporter reporting from South Wales has said "if Boris Johnson gets the victory he so deserves." Just an absolute normal one all round.

1 hour ago, lichtgilphead said:

No-one appears to have picked up on Laura's definition of "a generation"

David Cameron had an effective majority of 15 at the general election in May 2015. I would say that 15 is  a pretty decent majority.

According to Kuenssberg, therefore, a political generation is 4 years and 7 months.

I assume she'll be calling for Indyref2 any day now...

Kezia Dugdale talked about how she is of a different generation to Nicola Sturgeon so it's definitely somewhere between four years & seven months and eleven years.

Not long to wait now.

15 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Have to tell you lads, watching the Repair Shop and then Pointless while not paying one thin dime to those c***s is quite the feeling. 

TjIgIBM.png

The Repair Shop is quality tv, first daytime show I've watched since Lovejoy and Jerry Springer. Run out of episodes to watch on catch up.

I liked that they had columnists from different persuasions including those below. It's their editorial output that's gone wrong. Increasingly like the Scotsman. Almost like they felt they needed to be the unionist to the National.

Sad as the Herald, even as unionist, is a fine newspaper in comparison to that comic.

It comes as absolutely no surprise.  As a lifelong Herald reader I've literally watched it's decline into a poor excuse for a newspaper right across all facets.  I've also recently become very alarmed at the increasing right-wing tone it has adopted, evidenced by writers such as Andy McIver (former Scottish Tory spin-doctor), Mark Smith, Andrew McKie and the contemptible Guy Stenhouse, a financial services dogmatist who formerly hid under the 'Pinstripe' pseudonym.  Not to mention the libertarian Staurt Waiton who is standing tomorrow for the Brexit Party.
There are still some decent journos there like David Pratt, Kevin McKenna and Iain McWhirter but for how much longer who knows ?

The BBC may very well have mortally wounded themselves this last month.
Who is going to fight for them when the Tories eventually come for them ?

If you had asked me that 5 years ago I would have defended the BBC to the hilt.
Now they deserve what they have coming.
It would be interesting to see how many people have cancelled their TV licenses recently.

This election has been the worst case of BBC bias yet. They are acting like a right-wing paper now. 

Take the "punch" incident. For about 4 hours it was reported widely across the BBC (website, radio, TV and, of course, social media). The story of the kid on the floor was forgotten for this. Then when it emerged it was another Tory lie, they just quietly dropped it. No apology, no coverage of the fact it was a *lie* to the same extent as the lie was originally presented. Just a shrug.

Just watched this a couple of time to be sure I heard it right. 
She wasn't quoting what anyone said (my first thought). This was just her straight report to the camera. The majority he so deserves...
Possibly could have meant to say "desires", but you'd think she'd correct herself.

23 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Just watched this a couple of time to be sure I heard it right. 

She wasn't quoting what anyone said (my first thought). This was just her straight report to the camera. The majority he so deserves...

Comes over very badly but she was talking about how the Tories see it going, and miss-phrased it imo. Likely a Freudian slip though.