BBC bias

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm just a bit surprised that they went so full on attack on still the most popular politician in the UK on the day of her stepping down. I thought they'd got more subtle since 2014.

I'm going to guess there are more than a few seething journos who've seen this as a final chance for some sort of revenge about how stupid she's made them look over the years.

The fact that they've never needed anyone's help to look stupid won't have occurred.

Edit:

3 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

But they can't say that can they? I think there's a classic bit of BBC Wolstenholme going on here - they think it's all over. 

Yeah, that's the other thing. A lot of the same folk were absolutely delirious when Salmond resigned as that was the Nats put back in their box.

If only these Pied Piper figures would stop turning up and slowly making more and more people vote for the independence that they don't want.

Edited by BTFD

I note the Beeb have rescinded the cancellation of the BBC Singers (cost £1.5 Million) following a protest signed by 140.000 people. If they want to save money, many have been suggesting they should cancel Gary Lineker (cost £1.4 Million) instead. I am confident any petition would easily obtain at least 140,000 signatures.

42 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

I note the Beeb have rescinded the cancellation of the BBC Singers (cost £1.5 Million) following a protest signed by 140.000 people. If they want to save money, many have been suggesting they should cancel Gary Lineker (cost £1.4 Million) instead. I am confident any petition would easily obtain at least 140,000 signatures.

Quite a number of people in high places made a lot of noise about the proposed cancellation of the BBC Singers so am not surprise they've backed down.  It's being seen against a background of a Government rapidly running out of time staffed by philistines like Lee Anderson who wouldn't know culture if it bit him on the arse.

9 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2023/mar/26/bbc-rejects-charge-of-elitist-oxbridge-bias-in-university-challenge

BBC accused of rigging Uni. Challenge in favour of Oxbridge.

No shit, Sherlock...............................

"that's not what it says on the card but i knew your father..." 

4 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2023/mar/26/bbc-rejects-charge-of-elitist-oxbridge-bias-in-university-challenge

BBC accused of rigging Uni. Challenge in favour of Oxbridge.

No shit, Sherlock...............................

A pal of mine who appeared on the show for a tatty Scottish uni took great delight in beating an Oxbridge college

On a similar theme these Oxbridge fuds are meant to be the elite but given them a simple question about Scotland like find Aberdeen on a map and they're clueless. So much for the great Union of equal nations

1 minute ago, tamthebam said:

A pal of mine who appeared on the show for a tatty Scottish uni took great delight in beating an Oxbridge college

On a similar theme these Oxbridge fuds are meant to be the elite but given them a simple question about Scotland like find Aberdeen on a map and they're clueless. So much for the great Union of equal nations

You'd think being the tory capital of North Britain, they'd have at least some idea.

10 hours ago, StellarHibee said:

You'd think being the tory capital of North Britain, they'd have at least some idea.

You obviously have no idea of Aberdeen. Most councillors in City are SNP, all 3 MP's are SNP and even Aberdeenshire ( where I now reside) is SNP. Usual central belt ignorance from you.

13 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Phrase of the day!

Sounds like a support band for Sleaford Mods.

• 2 weeks later...

Given his extreme partisan position, having Paul Hutcheon contributing in radio shows to provide journalistic insight is a frightful waste of of time.

There was an uncomfortable silence after he mercifully ended his soliloquy this morning on the Sunday Show 

Radio Scotland continuing with the narrative that challenging the S35 order is "The SNP v Westminster"..................despite the GRR bill being supported by all major parties at Holyrood, and Anas "now unable to comment" Sarwar whipping his MSPs to support the bill.

They have not even interviewed any Labour or Lib Dems this week, despite many of them being supportive of the legal challenge.

Musk is a bit of a tit, but perhaps he should have left the "state sponsored media" tag on the BBC twitter?

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Radio Scotland continuing with the narrative that challenging the S35 order is "The SNP v Westminster"..................despite the GRR bill being supported by all major parties at Holyrood, and Anas "now unable to comment" Sarwar whipping his MSPs to support the bill.

They have not even interviewed any Labour or Lib Dems this week, despite many of them being supportive of the legal challenge.

Musk is a bit of a tit, but perhaps he should have left the "state sponsored media" tag on the BBC twitter?

Have any of them publically stated they agree with the specific legal challenge as opposed to having simply supported the bill passing? 

26 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

Have any of them publically stated they agree with the specific legal challenge as opposed to having simply supported the bill passing? 

Yes.  As examples, Richard Leonard and Monica Lennon both tweeted yesterday in support of the legal challenge. 

16 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Yes.  As examples, Richard Leonard and Monica Lennon both tweeted yesterday in support of the legal challenge. 

Okay cheers. 

I think personally I'd wait until the party officially supported the legal challenge before I would get upset over the wording by the BBC. I don't think this example is an indication of any sort of bias. I can't imagine Sarwar would be over the moon with their tweets unless the wider party does decide to support the legal challenge in the end which would be a bold strategy imo. 

1 hour ago, RuMoore said:

Okay cheers. 

I think personally I'd wait until the party officially supported the legal challenge before I would get upset over the wording by the BBC. I don't think this example is an indication of any sort of bias. I can't imagine Sarwar would be over the moon with their tweets unless the wider party does decide to support the legal challenge in the end which would be a bold strategy imo. 

Sarwar is on video after Westminster dingied it saying that challenging it is the right thing.

Keith has silenced him, much to the disgruntlement of some of his MSPs.

I have been out, but will be stunned if the BBC has interviewed Labour, Lib Dem or any of the 4 tories that voted for the bill...........because in their minds its "SNP going to war with Westminster".