BBC bias

When I worked overseas in the 90s I used to rely on the BBC for their unbiased reporting and coverage of events.

They have become a pale shadow of that and have now become one of those state propaganda machines that we used to laugh about back in the day.

I have just deleted my DD for the TV License and it felt great. 

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It will be hilarious if MotD if effectively cancelled because no one will do it.

The more folk who refuse the more difficult it will be to find someone imo as they will become a pariah.

If anyone does it tomorrow they need absolutely hounded.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

If anyone does it tomorrow they need absolutely hounded.

I expect it'll be a paid presenter who can't say no as it's their career as opposed to former players/pundits who have made their money.

That's the only circumstances where I can see someone doing it. Unless Tim Davie does it himself!

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/entertainment-arts-64895316

The commentators should now withdraw as well.

Expect to see plenty of "that was much better, they need to sack all these woke 'experts' and just show the football" from the usual assorted roasters.

It's a stunningly awful decision, if the BBC were the board of your team there would be immediate chants of 'sack the board' over this.  It's pandering to the slavering right-wing numpties who on the one hand believe they are being censored yet froth at the mouth when someone says something they don't like.

In some ways its a bit of a political own goal as well, because if Labour do get to power, there can be no doubt there will be some changes afoot which can only impact the BBC overall.  And quite frankly, f*** them, they deserve all they get!